How do I prove to him that I'm not cheating on him?

my boyfriend saw that I was texting one of my guy friends and he now thinks that I'm cheating on him...then today my guy friend came up to me and hugged me right in front of my boyfriend...so how do I prove to him that I'm not cheating on him?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• Did you let him read the text messages? Sometimes us guys see things that you won't. There has been a number of times my wife and I fought over the texting stuff. She would defend him and say it's just a friend and she believed it too, but sooner or later that guy would hit her up for something more than friendship and I would just laugh and say I told you so. Then my wife left her phone with me one day to prove nothing was going on and the "guy friend" texted her for some casual chat. I texted him back and told him it was her husband and he proceeded to cuss me out for no reason at all. She was mad and felt deceived by that guy. She confronted him about it, told him that it caused a fight between us, the guy just scoffed at her. Your Boyfriend might be seeing something you don't, but he just does not know how to get his reasoning into words or to get his point accros in the right way.

What Guys Said 1

• I don't think you really can prove it to him, he just has to learn to trust you in this situation. I used to be the jealous guy, worried about her guy friends, etc. Now, we're engaged, going to be married in July. I definitely had to get over the jealousy thing in order to have a meaningful relationship, because relationships are based largely on trust.

By all means, bring it up with him, talk about it, reassure him. But really, it's a problem he has to deal with.

What Girls Said 1

• For starters, if you were cheating on your boyfriend, it would be with the person you ignore in public. So if he's worried about some guy who hugged you, he's paranoid.