Why was he so ashamed of me?

So me and the guy I used to date broke up over a month ago. We were together 5 months and I had known him for about a year before we got together. During the time we were together, he refused to tell his friends (our mutual friends too) that we were together. I eventually got sick of this and we arranged to meet to discuss it. He then asked my best friend to tell me that he was breaking up with me for him, which she immediately told me about straight away. He was basically a dick through the entire break up and then claimed to break up with me because we were 'completely different people' and he was 'too busy'.

Two weeks later, he's dating a girl I know. Has her introduced to ALL of his friends, so proud to be with her. Now this girl is known to sleep with a different guy every second day. She's also so loud and annoying ugh.

I just don't understand how he could screw me over the way he did and just pretend like we were never together and then get with her. I don't sleep around, I've only ever slept with one guy (my ex, who I was in love with) so I don't understand why he was so ashamed of me? I feel so hurt that he lied to me and then left me for a girl like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• I know how you feel trust me. He might of not been ashamed he just honestly didn't see you that way. You could of just been a fling, he got towed and moved on. I'm sorry this happens to you but some people just don't care about anyone's feeling but their own. At least it only lasted for a bit I wanted for a year and she never even introduced me to her parents. Your better off

Most Helpful Girl

• You're a really pretty girl so don't assume u weren't good enough. Maybe he had something going on with her and didn't want to get caught if they knew u two were dating. Plus she's a hoe so he's getting sex. That's a main reason why he chose her. Be thankful you let that go:)

What Guys Said 2

• It's bc, you are egoistic, self-centered and self loving Girl :-)

• What do you expect from an Irishman?

What Girls Said 1

• The other girl is a hoe then? Yeah thats why he shows her around to show people he got game or an image. He might of really liked u.