Would any of you take an ex back? I personally believe in second chances only if the ex deserves it. What do you all think?

43

Most Helpful Girl

• It would really depend on the circumstances. I'm not a fan of second chances unless they are warranted, and only then. I think you have to be really careful, especially with ex's because there is a reason the relationship did not work out.

I dated a guy in high school once who would dump me any time he thought he had a chance with a 'better' girl. I took him back so many times before someone finally told me what was going on. I didn't go to his school.

Ever since then I have been wary. I know that was long time ago, but I've seen so many people take ex's back and it rarely works out. You both have to be committed to making it work and moving beyond what happened in the past.

• I completely agree with you. I feel like that me and my ex just were not ready and didn't know how to handle the relationship. I think we needed time away so that we could grow and I believe that it could workout in the future. But like you said and it's so true, it takes two people that want to commit to work it out. I needed time away to see what I was doing wrong. I didn't cheat or anything bad like that but I just didn't know how to deal/handle situations that were hard. I know what I needed to be now.

Most Helpful Guy

• No not for me. I have always been the kind of guy that exhausts all options in my endeavor to make thing work , when I decide to close that chapter in my life that story is past tense and will be filed away as such... Past tense

• I understand your take exactly. If you've done everything in your power than that's all you can do. But are you saying that if something you did worked to get back together you would?(if it was right)

• It will happen in time dude. Have faith she is out there

• Thank you, I'll keep the faith. I'm just wondering if she is my ex. But I can't worry about that I guess

What Girls Said 3

• Depends on the nature of how the relationship ended really. Like if it ended for lighthearted reasons (not enough time for a relationship, not ready for one, etc) then yes. But if it was for constant lying or cheating then no.

• It was kinda a weird break up. I was stressed out with life and all and I wanted a break to think. She didn't want a break and she kinda forced me to break with her. I didn't know what to do, I was so stressed and confused.

• Thank you! I will!😊

• You're very welcome! :)

• Depends why you broke up and how much effort that ex has put in to show he wants you

• no never! Ex are ex for a reason!

• So it's not possible to get back together and make it work?

• Awe thats good!

• I'm just trying to understand why you say strictly no to trying again with an ex... I'm only talking about ones that it could workout with not the jerks

What Guys Said 2

• I've given 1 ex a second chance, and it was a huge mistake. I now think that you do the work before breaking up, and once you break up, that is it

• So you don't believe in second chances anymore? Do you think people change?

• again, depends on the people involved. For me, I am very trusting until there is a reason not to me. After that, i almost never go back. But that is me

• I respect your opinion. Trust is everything, love and respect is good but if you do not have trust, you have nothing and that's so true.

• Sure. It's just sex.