Will he leave her for me or am I just being played?

To make a long story short, I became best friends with a guy at my college at the beginning of the year and quickly developed feelings for him. We always hung out and did everything together, but he had a long distance girlfriend, so I wasn't sure the feelings of attraction were mutual. Then, a few weeks ago, we got drunk together and we hooked up. He stopped midway through to ask what exactly we were doing since he was in a relationship, but he confessed that he liked me and that he did not regret what we were doing. So, for the past few weeks, we have been sleeping together and spending a bunch of time together. I'm tired of not knowing who he truly wants to be with though, so I told him he had to pick. His girlfriend came in for the next few days and he told me that he would pick after she leaves because he wants to spend time with her before he makes this decision.So now, I'm just waiting and freaking out over whether or not he wants to be with me. Meanwhile, he is texting me when he can get away from her and saying things like "I'd rather be with you" and "When I woke up this morning, I thought it was you beside of me." We have also met each other for a few kisses in between class while she isn't around. I just need to know if you guys think I'm getting played or not. I'd rather not waste my time and heartache on it if it isn't going to happen for me. And I know some of you may think that he'll just turn around and do it to me too, and you may be right, but he has never cheated on a girl before this and it took him like 5 months to make a move, so I truly believe that he is a good guy. Just give me your thoughts please. Thanks.

31

Most Helpful Girl

• i hope you are getting played. actually no, I hope he leaves her for you because the 2 of you deserve each other. I have no respect for people like this, long-distance or not. you're so wrapped up in your cheating drama, did you ever stop to think about her as a person, who could one day very well be you? could you imagine having come from god knows where - spent money doing that- to visit the person you love, and having him text someone behind your back, things like "i wish she was you, or I'd rather be with you", and leaving you inbw classes to go cheat on you some more. she doesn't deserve this. you shoulda just Facebooked her and msged her to let her know not to bother coming. even if he decides he wants her more, he stopped deserving her ages ago.

i don't care how bad a long-distance relationship might be, I was in one for almost 3 years. what he did, or what both of you did, is inexcusable.

i am not going to go as far as to say you're bad people. everyone is capable of bullsh*t. but you've done very bad things, and even if I don't believe in karma, I hope it's real in this case, and all cases like this.

What Guys Said 1

• '...but he has never cheated on a girl before this...'

doesn't matter...he's doing it now with you. if he really wants you he wouldn't mess around and keep his current girlfriend thinking he wants to be with her. how would you feel if you were in her shoes? he was horny and you're there and she wasn't so he f***ed you. I'm sure he's not a bad person but this is a bad way of handling a situation on his part and you should avoid it

What Girls Said 2

• All I can say is that this is not the way to start off a relationship. It will be starting with full on drama and with unfaithfulness and this can haunt you two later if he should end it with her and start up with you. The chances are that he may end up feeling super guilty and you may also at some point wonder if he is up to no good with someone else when the time comes the two of you hit a bumpy patch.

Well you are full in it so not much to do now but see what happens. I would not be so happy about him kissing me while he is sleeping with her. I just would not trust a guy who could lie to his girl so comfortably.

• Yes. You are being played and she is being played. Yes, he will leaver her for you when it's convenient. Then he will leave you for someone else.