Should I tell the truth or make up a lie when breaking up with my girlfriend?

I found out she used to be a whore and did a lot of things I don't find to be good in a girlfriend. Should I tell her the truth why I don't want to be with her?

• Truth
  • White lie

74

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 6

• Nothing good comes of lying. Just tell her you want to break up because you found some things out about her past and it makes you uncomfortable.

• Tell her the truth.
    If you can't overlook her past then the relationship isn't worth pursuing.

• Tell her the truth but omit the word whore. Surely you can find a more gentleman's way of wording your reasoning. The words you choose reflect the type of person you are and when you stoop to using derogatory terms you only embarrass yourself.

• Truth! Hard core truth!

• Come clean. Don't lieā€¦ Lying will get you back one day. So never ever do that! Especially not in a relationship.

• Tell the truth

What Guys Said 4

• to break up with someone because you are weak and morally justified through your sense of entitlement is what you should be bringing up. Not to hurt someone on the basis of causing embarrassment and shame because of someones past.
    The same person who choose to be with someone she cares for and is true to move forward with.

You should break up with her , do her favor.

VOTE C : your an ass

• I agree, she deserves a chance to prove herself to him. Actually no, i think she already has if she's stayed with him and cares for him.

• Give her the usual spiel, things aren't working out, time to move on, yada-yada. No need to destroy her mentally and emotionally.

• In a way, it eases her pain a lot more than a lie. Think about it, idiot. Lol

• I was in the same place as you my last ex almost a year a go had many partners "31" she was in college did a lot of stuff I told her, she said it was my problem and maybe it was, but I wasn't going to live with that in the back of my mind wondering and thinking how much more experienced then me she was.