A text from a recently ex boyfriend?

My ex broke up with me after 7 years because he claims he doesn't know what he wants, since we have never been with anyone else. He also gave the whole, "I love you, but not in love with you type of thing". The same day he went out with a new girl. I was devastated. We have been broken up for 6 days, and I can't stop looking at his stupid Facebook, so I deleted him, changed my settings to where he can't see mine. I get a text message the next day. ( first text in 6 days mind you) saying " Not Facebook friends anymore?" and I texted back " its too hard" and that was it. nothing more. he obviously was searching for me... I just want to know what's going through his head? I know he wants to be single, and experience it. but I am not gonna sit around and wait for him. Should I keep him in the back of my head for a potential future? or does he not even care? I can't help but think there is a future, I am still madly in love with him... I know that's wrong.

11

What Guys Said 1

• i say move on. the same thing happened to me recently. She broke up with me and than some other things went down over the reason that she broke up with me and she eventually told me to go to hell and never talk to her again. and I was still in love with her, but yeah I deleted the Facebook cause I was doing the same thing and deleted her number from my phone to avoid all temptation and just moved on with my life. I still think about her every now and then but its not nearly as bad as it was. I know that it sucks really horribly and you don't want to do anything, but it will eventually start to get better. Just try to go out and do things to keep your mind off of him. Not really sure what he's thinking. he probably wants to see what other girls are like but just keep your mind off of him and if a day comes that he starts to talk to you and wants you back well than that's your choice for later.

What Girls Said 1

• If you're keeping him in the back of your head, you kind of are sitting around and waiting for him. I have no idea if he cares or not- it probably affected him a bit that you cut all ties after dating for 7 years- but that's not reason enough to think he's suddenly changed his mind and wants a future with you. Don't hang on to shreds like one text message in hopes it cancels out the fact that he BROKE UP with you and started seeing someone else RIGHT AWAY!