When is the best time to start putting yourself out there again after a break up?

Okay so me and this guy I've been dating for two years have broken up. And we've been broken up for 11 days now and we'll I'm pretty much over it but I just don't know if I'm ready to have males around me. I just wanna know is it okay to be talking to other guys at this point?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• My last relationship of five years ended two months ago. it took me about a month to go through all the negative emotions. I got cheated by my ex. These negative emotion were dark and strong.
    Until one day, I realized that she was really not happy to be with me, and she will never be happy staying with me. I want her to be happy, so I let her go and let myself go as well. I start to thank her whatever she did for us, and to be able to joke/laugh about my past relationship with my ex. At that point, I know I am over with my bad break up.
    I'm now dating with new girl, and we haven't start new relationship yet.

Most Helpful Girl

• Me and my ex of a year and a half just broke up a week ago, and let me tell you I am nowhere near over it. Sure I talk to other guys, but I know deep down that I am not anywhere close to being emotionally ready to be in a relationship again. You said you and your ex were together for 2 years - it will not be easy to just forgot so much of your life in merely just 11 days. Some days you may feel that you are over it, but getting involved with another guy so soon will most likely just end up being a rebound relationship. You really should probably take a few months to take care of yourself and let the breakup run its course. There's nothing wrong with talking to other guys, but if it starts to go beyond friends, you really should inform him of your recent breakup. Good luck to you.

What Guys Said 3

• Either you are not over it or it was a very shallow relationship.

Do you feel any anger towards your ex? Wonder what he is doing? Do you hope that he will find out your are dating someone else? Do you still have some stuff you need to return to him? Do you drive by his house, apartment, or workplace hoping to catch a glimpse of him? Have you unfriended him on all social media?

The answers to these questions tell you if you are really over it.

• you'll know that you're ready when you appreciate the value of yourself and stop chasing the wrong things in your life, to give the opportunity to correct things to catch up with you.

Good luck...

• I work like this.

I have two modes.

Undying love, and if you kill that somehow, I move on instantly, so immediately.

I don't need a mourning period.

What Girls Said 1

• Wait until you're completely over it and feel the time is right.