To u, Is cheating an absolute reason for breaking up?

• Yes
  • No

1710

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, Cheating is a choice, a choice you make because you neither respect or value your relationship, or the person it is with, enough to not to cheat. You are deliberately breaking the trust and agreement you have made with your partner, to be faithful, and to value heir well-being above or equal to your own. A relationship won't continue on a fulfilling trajectory after someone has hurt their partner in such a deliberate way (no cheating is not an accident), and of course, trust has been broken, so the bond between the two of you, and the purpose for your relationship - which is to be with each other only, as opposed to anyone else - is no longer the case.

Most Helpful Guy

• If it was intercourse, oral sex, fingering/hand job yes I would dump them regardless of their reasoning. If it was kissing and they were upfront about it and regretted it I would find out why. If it was a weak moment because of something that happened in the relationship then I would try to talk and understand but tell her to never do it again as it hurts. If it was a drunken mistake then yea I'd probably seriously have to consider ending things or at least give her some rules to follow regarding parties. My ex kissed a guy once because I was causing problems in the relationship; she was drunk and told me but I handled it poorly and it caused even more problems that led to our break up which I now regret. Sometimes you need to try and see things from other peoples POV

What Girls Said 16

• Yes! I would never cheat. So I would never accept less than I am willing to give. Plus, I could never forgive him in my heart so it would be pointless staying together.

• YES! I say yes bc I know the type of person I am! If I would take a guy back after he cheated on me, I would have major trust issues & would be anxious everyday & night when he's not around me bc I would be wondering if he's out cheating & ain't nobody got time for that lol!

• Yerp. No if, ands or but

• Yes. I have self-respect.

• Cheating says a lot about someone's character. No amount of crocodile tears can make me want to stay with him. I'm not stupid, and i know that.

• It's not but that does kill a lot of trust. So if the person who cheated truly wants to redeem themselves. It's going to take A LOT of work and time. So being able to fix the relationships relies solely on the person who cheated. Since the person that was cheated on will leave them if they feel like that person is just going to do it again.

• I'd make him wish to die. Then I'd dump him. He can rot in hell for cheating.

• I like that, have alittle fun. Sounds like something Harley Quinn would do.

• That actually is the ultimate reason to split for good...

• I don't see why anyone would vote no for this question

• Yeah if I had a boyfriend and I found out he cheated or had been cheating on me, I don't think I could continue the relationship. If I tried to continue the relationship, I'd be getting mad at him and making accusations at every turn, so I'd probably just end it

• Yes, I don't give second chances

• yes of course! no second change for cheaters!!!

• Yes so much I wouldn't even give you a chance to explain!

• I've made the mistake of taking someone back who cheated and it happened again. I will not forgive it anymore, I have more self-worth and respect than that.

• Yes. No second chance for cheaters!

• It really depends on the situation. For me it can go either way.

I think if someone cheats on you, the person who has been cheated on has a right to leave if they feel they can't deal with it. It's up to the person who misused the trust to rebuild it. Not up to the person who has been cheated on to forget that the incident happened.

What Guys Said 9

• Not at all. Plenty of people make it work (despite what the overwhelming majority of "experienced" teenagers on gag would say) the road to recovery and rebuilding trust is possible, albeit difficult.

• She cheats I'll be like

Geeeeeeeeetttt the fuck out.

• if it was just a one off thing and like she was drunk, probably not. But if she keeps seeing him then yeah its reason for a break up.

• Well if you cheat, that means the relationship is dead, no?

• It depend, can you not fix the problem?

If you can, then one should do so.

• It gives a chance to learn from it and grow

• Depends on the situation and act.

• 2nd chance, after that bye bye

• No I wouldn't break up with somebody just for cheating