How do I raise my self esteem?

When we were dating my ex was constantly checking out other guys, she told me more then once her dream guy would look different than me, she would call almost every guy she looked at either hot/handsome/fine but the best I ever got was cute. She also had sexual thoughts of other guys. On top of that she constantly lied to me and broke every promise she ever made me. It didn't matter if it was big or not. I just really don't like myself and just have a low self esteem now... I used to love myself and I hate this...

14

Most Helpful Girl

• I have/ had the same problem, but I've found that by vocalizing positive things about yourself-- like looking in the mirror and saying "You are strong, you are beautiful, you are you are loved," etc.-- enough times and forcing yourself to act like you believe it eventually leads to you actually believing it. By vocalizing these thoughts you make them more concrete and therefore more tangible. You could also try writing them down and saying them aloud.

Most Helpful Guy

• this makes me sad bro this makes me sad. i wrote a take about this a while back i won't link it here as that's annoying in my opinion however you have to put it on her because it really is her with the problem undermining you trying to get you to question your looks your value to her and to women in general. don't take responsibility for that and don't feel other women feel the same way but be aware that some other women do that as well. find you a nice girl and learn to trust again.

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Guys Said 3

• You tell yourself that the opinion of such a potato sack of shit does not matter in the slightest. The less you care about such shits the less they're going to affect your self esteem, dude.

• Dude your a beta male, you needn't more alpha bro. Start hitting the gym drop some body fat put some muscle mass on.
    Fuck that bitch man, show her how alpha you can be. Don't ever be that guy that she can depend on=friend zone aka nice guy disease.
    Don't be the sorry sap that jumps at her every wish, bitches will since your weakness. Remember bro you are a fucking man. Get some hobbies fish, hike, workout. Become the best version of your self. If your not good at the above mentioned, find what you enjoy and excel at it, be the best version of you. Also bang as Manny ho's as possible. Start with chicks that are like 6's or 7's

• No no no you must focus on the main problem which is you have dated a bad girl but based on what she have told you I'm sure you wasn't strict with her in any side and you kept going with her shit words why you didn't dumped her when she said that bs? It's your fault in some how also learn from your mistake and don't act like a chicken in your next realithionship