I don't want to let him know I like him, but then I do?

I've had a crush on this guy since last year. I've kind of thought that he likes me since last year. I'm really shy and he's pretty shy himself. People always tell me to do things to let him know that I like him. Which is what I want. The thing is since I'm not 100% sure he likes me I don't want to do things and then seem like the weird girl. I also don't know what to do since I can barely speak to him at the moment. I'm kind of happy now because the class that I have with him we have to do a lot of group work so I'm hoping we will get put into a group together at some point. Knowing myself though I probably won't be able to say 1 word to him. I don't know what I should do or how to go about this.

11

What Guys Said 1

• An experienced guy knows if a girl is interested in him. Heck, I can notice a girl staring at me from a mile away, and if I don't notice it, I have my friends letting me know - "dude, look how she's staring at you".

If you want to make an indication of interest, especially to an inexperienced guy, you could do it through his friends - it's enough that you ask an innocent detail about that guy from his friends that they immediately let him know. If you want to be more direct, you could tell his friends you're into him - but you don't have to do that.

Other than that, I bet you indicate your interest in him without even knowing it - just by looking at him more than you look at other people. Or by being shy and speechless around him. The more confident girls don't get shy or speechless, but they do things such as bumping into guys "accidently".

If he doesn't get the message, I guess you could send him the biggest hint possible which is something along the lines of "So, what are your plans for sunday eve?". If he can't catch even that, then I don't know what to say :)

Cheers and good luck.

What Girls Said 1

• Well the first step is talking to him, because how can he know if he has feelings for you if he doesn't the know the real you. Looks and appearances do help, but really there is more than that. Personality has a role too and just by talking you both can know more about each other and move to the first level which is friends. By being friends then you have the excuses of hanging out and other stuff. Once you know him tell him then; also you'll know if he has some interest in you.

• No need to be "just friends". In fact, it's a huge mistake for a guy to befriend a girl because then she starts seeing him as friend material and not boyfriend material - two opposite worlds.

• Yes, but don't you start out as firneds and then a couple?