Relapsing emotionally a long time after a breakup?

I broke up with my ex about a year and a half ago. We dated for just under a year, and it was a really serious relationship. It was the deepest in love I had ever felt with a guy and it was so hard for me to leave him, but he had habits that he wouldn't quit that were making me miserable. Time went by, I seemed to be doing fine. Every now and then I would feel sad about it and miss him. I mean the love I had for him was always there, I just repressed it really well I guess. But now it's been a year and a half since the breakup, and this last week I've been absolutely miserable missing him. It's kind of been building up over the last few months, but I've been seeing other guys at the same time so I've been able to push it aside. But it's really getting to me now and taking everything in me not to go crawling back to him. Is there anyone else out there who has dealt with this, where so long after a breakup all of the awful feelings come back? I'm just really looking for a way to move on because I know he hasn't changed and I will be unhappy, but there's that stupid part of me that loves him and feels like we're just meant to be together.

0|0

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 0

Be the first guy to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!

What Girls Said 0

Be the first girl to share an opinion
and earn 1 more Xper point!