Should I get revenge on him or just try and move on?

This guy and I were in a friends with benefits relationship for a while. Plus, at least twice he told me he didn't want a realtionship at all. As time progressed I started to notice he was losing interest in me because he started to answer my replies maybe a day later or eight hours later and answered with very short replies. I asked him at least twice if he was becoming uninterested in me and he replied with a no. After I asked him that, he became even more distant. So I asked him if we could meet up and he said I don't know so I told him that i need a straightforward answer and he said maybe the following Wednesday and i said okay. Therefore, I gave him space for at least three days then i asked the following day if he was still coming and he said no because he was busy and i got so disappointed. P. S. this isn't the first time i asked him if we could meet up to just hang out and he always told me the same answer, ''I'm busy''... The day after we ended up meeting up finally and we had sex but he asked me a few questions eg. Is there anyone else interested in you, Why do you want to stay single? etc. After we had sex, we had a great conversation then he brought up that he was starting to really dig this girl... Then the same day I had to find out from social media that he just got into a relationship with the same girl... I asked him a question the same night that had nothing to do with his new relationship and he left my message unanswered and opened...
Additional info: His friends used to stare at me like they knew something I didn't know...
Should I really get revenge or just try to go on with my life?

63

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't think he did anything wrong, asides from not telling straight up that he met someone, people get into a friends with benefits relationship then they break it off when they meet someone whome they want an actual relationship with.

Most Helpful Girl

• What revenge can you get on him?

I'm sorry but this is the kind of thing that happens when girls enter friends with benefits. The guy is trying to have temporary sex with you and eventually it has to end some time. He may meet a girl he likes while he's sleeping with you, and eventually he'll end it in order to give her more time. Guys don't tend to like or respect girls they are just having sex with so it's not like he has any type of commitment to you where he has to talk to you on a regular basis. That is the kind of low standard relationship that you agreed too and unfortunately you got the short end of the stick. all you can do is move on and learn from it

What Guys Said 2

• Just go on with your life and forget about him. There be other friends with benefits opportunities

• Why would u seeke revenge as it doesn't achieve anything aqnd besides he told u he wasn't looking for a realtionship and it seems clear that it was a friends with benefits relationship. Just move on and find someone else.

What Girls Said 5

• You have a 'friends with benefits' relationship. That means he is friendly, and the two of you have sex on occassion. That's it. He doesn't owe you anything. You are still getting sex from him, and he is still acting friendly towards you. So he is fulfilling his end of the bargain. He has nothing to apologize for. And there is nothing for you to get revenge over, because he hasn't done anything wrong. If you want someone to answer your text messages or talk to you about his feelings, ask a guy to be your boyfriend. That's what boyfriends do. Friends with benefits? Not so much.

• He didn't do right by avoiding you and not telling you directly that he no longer wanted to do "friends with benefits". But you were friends with benefits and not in an actual relationship, so revenge is pointless here since he is not in the wrong.

• Just move on, revenge is petty, childish and not worth it.

• I mean he didn't really do anything that would be revenge worthy. He was a jerk by not answering you back and not giving you a straight answer about being interested, but you can't do anything about that. I would just move on.

• Just move on. Revenge for what anyway? It was just sex, there was no commitment, then he didn't need sex anymore and got a girl.