Last time you got you heart broken?

What happened? How did you handle it? What would you have done differently?

89

Most Helpful Guy

• i've never really had my heart broken, i guess, but this is the 1st and only girl i've ever fallen in love with. it's kinda a long story:

so we met freshman year of college. we actually have/had a mutual friend and oddly enough, bonded through trying to beat our friend at guitar hero. also, conveniently, she live literally in the room above mine :/. so we bonded and became better friends. she was cool and all and then the moment i realized i had a crush on her was when we both had the same shuttle our school provided to the airport to go home for Thanksgiving break.

now, i had/have no skills in dating, telling girls how i feel, asking them out, etc. i grew up in a small town, never had to really hit on girls i didn't know well. and frankly, i didn't have a girl i liked. i mean some girls were hot and stuff, and actually liked this 1 girl i was really good friends with, but it wasn't like, "i gotta be with her", type thing. so being the type of dude i was/am, i didn't have the courage to tell her how i felt. to save you the details, it went on for a full 2 years...

fast forward to sophomore year and i wanted and was ready to tell her i liked her. i was gonna do it until my best guy friend said she liked him and out of respect for him, i didn't say anything to her (i also knew she didn't like him like that). well, i planned on saying something until we found out there was a chance she would transfer schools as we went to school in nc, she is from florida (and i'm from nj if you're curious). i felt she had a lot on her plate so i didn't say anything. and to spare you the surprise, she transferred.

i actually flew down to see her the following year because she went to a rival school of my favorite team (the vols) and i wanted to say something, but didn't because i'm a pussy :D. so i spent the next year and a half trying to get over her. finally got over her 2nd semester of senior year... let's move on with my life! WRONG!!!

fast forward to may, the girl shows up for graduation. so i'm like, cool! i'm not gonna get sucked into this again, right? nope. we were pretty flirty before she left and it got cranked up to 11. for about the last 3 weeks of the semester, we pretty much spent 24/7 with each other. we held hands, spent hours together, cuddled... pretty much everything but make out and have sex, basically. the last few nights, i was gonna say something to her, but didn't when i found out my aunt who was in a coma for a month died :|

images.complex.com/.../johnwallbruh_nve7lf.jpg

What Guys Said 8

• Yeah, long story short is that God put a woman in my life who I couldn't have. But I fell in love, went crazy, my heart chakra exploded, and I told her how I felt. She wasn't available or would she ever be so she wished me the best. I let her go. My glass heart was shattered with a hammer. Then that's what led me to God and it changed my life for the better.

• It was the winter of 2010. I won't go into details because fuck it, it was almost 6 years ago. Why dredge up what's unimportant?

• Last time I got my heart broken I went to jail for 2 accounts of assault and weapons possession. I'm out and still not satisfied.
    Wot i would've done differently. Not got court.

• It's been damaged on multiple occasions but it hasn't been broken yet.
    Most of my breakups have been fairly non eventful.

• I've never been heartbroken, but I caused some major heartbreak. My ex wouldn't hang out with her friends for a few weeks and barely left her apartment.

• A few times, like everyone.

• Dropped a newly cooked bacon this morning... still in a feral position on floor atm.

• I handled it by nailing her best friend :)

What Girls Said 8

• Never. I don't get close to people who would hurt me

• erm... I can't remember! It all a bit blur!

• It's been a few years.

• Hahah I didn't handle it. I cried often, I wrote long messages to a friend to talk about it. i was depressing af.
    I woulda just cried it out alone instead of complainingn to everyoen

• autumn last year
    i did not handle it well
    i cried each day for nearly a year until the feelings subsided
    looking back, i would have been more discerning from the get-go

• maybe 16-17. it was dumb.

• Once I had my heart broken by this chic I really liked. I tried to keep the relationship going but she ended it. So I got on my dirt bike did a few jumps and crashed it a couple Times. Played music really loud and went paddock thrashing.

• I've never really had a relationship before so its difficult to describe what a break up for me was like on my behalf. but i have been lead on once and that broke my heart and i just cried for a few days and eventually all that sadness disappeared and i became bitter and angry at the world which isn't good either. but for some unknown reason i can get over heart breaks quickly, its either a blessing or a curse haha.