So girlfriend just broke up with me becasue of this... any opinions on if its worth even chasing after her?

so I have an exam coming up tomorrow and I have been studying almost all night. I asked my girlfriend if she wanted to go see a movie at 7. which she texted back and said she was down. so i got a message from her at 6:30 saying "would you rather study, I dont mind?". So me thinking she was being cool with it I said "okay, is it cool if I come spend the night with you later?" and then I texted her after asking if she wanted to get ice cream at 8 becasue I would rather do that.

So she broke up with me saying I dont care about her because I made plans with her and blew her off. even though she texted me and said she didn't mind if I would rather study. So she was basically testing me to see if I would blow her off. Should i even consider chasing after her or just leave it becasue of this. I honestly feel so back stabbed that she would do something like this. That I honestly might just leave it. any opinions?

48

Most Helpful Girl

• Tbh I'm really sorry about that. its not cool of her I do that. seems fishy to me, since it was so sudden (at least it sounds sudden to me, I may be wrong tho lol). Seems like she's making it look like your doing, which it's not. Do NOT feel guilt or any type of guilt for this. You're good bro. Seems childish to me, for her to do that. Since it's real short notice of her unexpected break up, it seems like she's been thinking about it for a while, because people just don't snap like that. (Unless she's been kinda crazy lately haha😅) (btw not insulting ur girlfriend, just a word) (and I'm sorry that that's what it seems like.) (and sorry for the "(" & ")'s" 😅)

I may be bias rn, since I'm SUPER SALTY RN. lol but I would say give her space. (As in let her be, as in ditch her haha😅)
    but it is always better to work it out before really walking away. Consider the pros and cons, the rewards and consequences. you got this dude. Just before you go into a convo/argument with her, of five before hand what you're going to say. Because us girls are very devious (« sorry bout that 😁) we can make you change your mind, and pull you back in, in an instance, and you won't realize until it's too late, and you're re-committed again.

Good luck with everything. I know it's hard, but keep on chuggin!! (No, not alchol, I mean like chuggin like a train; keep on goin haha!) I'll be prayin for ya brother! (I really will! No joke!) hope everything turns out the way it should.

let me know ab how it goes!! xx

Most Helpful Guy

• That's sounds like teenage bullshit lol. I guess it depends on how your relationship is. Also how do you feel that she she broke up with you over school. And then her trying to pull the wool over your eyes and making it look like its all your fault.

Seems very immature

• Thats exactly it!!! she is trying to make it seem like it is my fault. I hate complaining on this website. But was feeling really low and just wanted to see peoples opinion on if i should tell her good riddance.

What Girls Said 3

• That's honestly a very petty reason to break up with someone. I personally don't think its worth it. A girl shouldn't "test" you. What she did was very childish. Or maybe she was looking for a pathetic excuse to end it.

• We'll that's ridiculous of her

• Leave her. You seem like a wonderful boyfriend and she set you up. You didn't do anything wrong in my opinion. Don't chase after someone who is manipulative and would break up with you for something so silly.

What Guys Said 7

• That's not fair, how are you suppose to know that she was testing you, that's a weird behaviour on her part. I think you were just nice towards her.

• Well, I suppose you know her better than all of us here. Whether you want to hang on or not... Take to her. Sort through the miscommunication. Relationships don't break so easy. Just because she's being petty shouldn't mean you should be too.

• She should test you to see what your response will be. Thats childish for her to do. The right thing for her would have been for her to support you so you can pass your exam. Not lie to get a response from you to see what you will say.

• Agreed. Not very cool of her.

• Its not at all. At least you see the true side of her. Just do what you can to take your mind off her and within time you'll be happy you are not with a woman like her.

• She's not worth it.

• I would go after her and try to make it up to her somehow if you can

• o. O

Well. If she's going to offer, she shouldn't get upset if you take her up on it :p

Bonus points for good communication skills, people! She could have handled that better in so many ways. Hope your test went okay.

• Let her go bro. I was in a similar relationship. Took me like 6 break ups to realize she's not the one lol.