My girlfriend just broke up with me this week, said it was due to her aspiring model career?

My now ex and I have been dating for a year and a half now. She and I have cared for each other and she claimed she loved me, but told me that as she's trying to make it in the modeling business, it works out in her favor to be single. Apologized profusely to me and said she struggled with decision for a while, I have been the best boyfriend she has ever had from what I was told. She is 25. I am still shocked, how is this normal, or does it happen somewhat often? The photographer she works with is a guy which has made me somewhat suspicious.

54

Most Helpful Guy

• She's just coming up with a lane excuse. It's ridiculous to even think that success in a modelling career requires the person to be single. She's probably found some other dude, so she broke up with you.

• *lame excuse

• Yeah, so better let go. Like you said, you should be with someone who wants to be with you, irrespective of her career or anything else. Let's see how long she stays with that other dude! :P

• Thanks for MHO! :)

What Girls Said 5

• If by "making it in the modeling business" means sleeping her way through the modeling business, then yeah I believe it.

Otherwise, there's no reason why she couldn't have a boyfriend as long as you were okay with her hours. There'd be a lot of times where she'd have to travel, so a lot of time away. It would be hard, but if she really loved you, and you her, she would have at least tried it.

This is basically her way of saying she wants to be single and able to flirt/do whatever she wants without worrying about what you'd think.

You should find someone that doesn't want to be a model.

• She probably broke up with you to sleep and flirt her way to success. Because their is no possible way a relationship can get in the way of a modeling career. If both people are willing to work to overcome obstacles and the people involved in the relationship are understanding and willing to make compromises.

• Sometimes when people choose to commit with a particular passion, they feel the need to let go of certain bonds so that they can truly focus. It doesn't necessarily mean that there was something you did or didn't do. Nor is it an indication that she may have something for the photographer she's working for so don't torture yourself with those ideas. I can concur that modeling is better when you are single because relationships can tamper with your confidence or vibe when things aren't going well. Modeling is all about confidence, self-love, and being able to present a certain type of energy.

I know this situation stings and some level of rationale temporarily makes it better but what need to do now is focus on you. Give yourself time to heal, be real about your heartache, be frustrated, maybe drop a few tears, be angry. Then choose internal peace, not internal chaos and move forward. Embrace the blessings and joyful experiences in your life just as she has chosen to do.

• The photographer might've influenced her in some ways. What kind of modeling is she doing?

• Maybe, I think that sometime. She's doing punk rock girl modeling.

• I swear I saw this exact same question like 4 months ago before I took a long break from GaG. . .

• Well It wasn't me who asked it thats for sure.

• Link? I swear girls and their insecurities are the genesis of such issues, especially among "inspiring" models

• That was months ago lol I don't know if it was 4 or 5 months. I know it was in the summer. I have too many opinions since then. I'll try to sift through them and find it.

I don't even remember what "advice" I gave him. I think it was crappy and I said to just move on. Because it's better she break up now that she's having insecurities than for her to cheat.
      I remember saying something along the lines that I'm not sure if it's normal, but this is why I'd try to avoid dating someone famous or "almost" famous.

What Guys Said 3

• I would be too but if she really loved you she would have offered to take you on photo shoots with her, but I think she has Ben cheating on you with the photographer and that's why it was hard to break up with you. But that's what I got from what you said

• In the end she wouldn't been there for you when you really needed it seems like she is selfish and would leave once it goes south or if her life got better or something better came along

• Girls never tell u the real reason. It definitely wasn't bc of her modelling career.