Broke up with my girlfriend, now I'm very miserable, How do I deal with it?

A month ago me and my girl broke up because of me, I was arguing with her and told her to come get her things. I really regret it and tried telling her that I didn't mean it and asked her for another chance but she wanted a break from our relationship. She did tell me that she started talking to guys and even liked one but she then told me that she liked him like a friend and nothing else. Just last Sunday we got to meet up and talk to which I read a letter I made to her and asked her for another chance but she didn't want to give me another one, she basically told me that if it comes back then it was meant to be if it doesn't then it was never yours to begin with. She also told me to not text her or call her and that we may not have contact for a long time. I really love her and I want to be with her I'm still miserable and thinking about her all the time to the point that I even cry almost everyday because I'm not by her side. I don't know what to do. Also I talked to her mom and she told me that in the future there might be a chance of us giving our relationship another try.

23

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not going to be easy, but you have to let this girl go.

If you love somebody you have to consider THEIR feelings, not just your own, otherwise you are unknowingly being selfish. You broke up with her out of anger and she realized then that she no longer felt compatible with you, and it's clear that she still has this belief. You trying to force a relationship on her and constantly trying to get her back is only going to reaffirm to her that you're more concerned about YOUR feelings and not hers. If distance and time is what she needs, you have to give it to her. I'm sorry.

You need to get back in touch with yourself; get back into old hobbies, start going out with friends again - things of that nature that don't revolve around obsessing over your ex girlfriend. Before you know it you'll begin feeling like yourself again.

• To be honest I don't really have any friends, I just have 1 main friend but he's usually with his girlfriend most of the time and my main hobby doesn't seem to interest me anymore to be honest.

• Well I met up with her on Sunday because she wanted to talk and basically she did tell me that she does miss me but it really hurts just thinking about letting her go.

Most Helpful Guy

• i think you are being optimistic that she'll give it another chance.

I think you just have to accept that for the time being it's over. so begin the process of moving on. surround yourself with friends and family. do things that can distract you from constantly pining over this girl. it's not going to be easy for sure but it's really just a matter of putting one foot in front of the other and walking away.

• I know I am because I've never thought I would meet a girl like her, she's an amazing person and caring and she made me very happy these past 2 years and 10 months and for a person who was very negative about himself they were the best years of my life and I would hate to lose her because of my stupidity.

• give her space and time. get on with your life... don't wait. let her come to a decision and perhaps she'll remember the better times rather than the negative ending.

• I am giving her her space, I haven't contacted her since last Sunday. I really do hope so because I honestly love her to death and I just can't get her out of my head, I let anger get the best of me and now I probably lost her forever.

What Girls Said 1

• It may be hard but sometimes you have to move on, clearly she has aswell. Time is such a big healer. if she loved you she would be with you. dont keep pestering her because thats when she will start to dislike you. so as much as it hurts break all contact!

• I haven't really contacted her Sunday but it still doesn't change the fact that I really miss her and really love her and I'm missing her more and more as days go by.

What Guys Said 2

• You messed up, there is nothing to do. She is moving on, I suggest you do the same

• im feeling similar pain at the moment. i know how bad it hurts. stay strong.

• It does I just don't know what to do anymore I just mainly cry on brief periods of time because I've grown to love her so much that I can't bear seeing a future without her.