Anyone else fantasized about their parents splitting up?

I have to live at home still because I help out with some bills and need college to be as cheap as possible. I've wanted my parents to divorce since I was old enough to know what the word meant. They're both miserable and always have been... but lately they've taken everything to another level. I found out when I was younger they can't afford to divorce since they can't even afford to sell our house... I'm a little shocked still that my mom admitted that to little me... but I was asking if we could move for different reasons lol I'm not comfortable enough to ask them to divorce.

But it doesn't matter anyway. I'll have to leave and then they'll both hate me for not having someone to help pay more bills. But I'm paying for my college 100% myself so I 've been prepaying my loans as much as I can. I can't afford living exp. while doing that so I'll have to transfer to a cheaper or even an online college I guess.

I mean geez... even knowing how complicated my life might be with custody or even not seeing one of them again when I was younger... none of that ever phazed me. I've been daydreaming of a stepparent since I was like 12. I want a sane parent in my life so badly. Just a nice sane adult I
can talk to.

no answers yet? I wanted to see if there were any people with similar stories :(

23

Most Helpful Guy

• I can't relate to your situation. I did divorce my first wife, but my parents have been happily married for 63 years. That's not a typo... 63 happy years.

If anything, their example gave me something to strive for when I remarried.

• I had to pick one since the system sent me a message saying they would auto pick one if I didn't... thank you for your answer.

• Thanks for the MHO.

Most Helpful Girl

• My parents fought a lot. They split and get back together and it kept going on and on until they finally got divorced. We were like thank god it's over. They still discuss about our education and our life like a parent should but they'll never go back together. They were miserable together.

• I had to pick a best answer or this site would have automatically picked one for me. Thanks for your answer. I thought your story was interesting.

• Thank you

What Guys Said 2

• Nope I've never had this

• Who wants their parents to divorce only insane people would want that

What Girls Said 1

• Can't fantasize about that since it's my reality.
    My parents split up when I was like 3 years old.
    I have fantasized about my parents still being together and having a normal, functional family though.