Why Do I miss him?

I was in a four month relationship, we hung out as friends for about 5 months prior to dating. We dated over the summer. Everything seemed to be going great. Until all of a sudden he got sick and had his appendix removed. He told me he was not getting along with his family and wanted to know if he could stay with me for a few days until he felt better and could go to follow up appointment. I have a 3 year old daughter and was a little reluctant but felt bad he got sick during a time I knew he was having a difficult time with his family and he needed someone to look after him and help him recover. Long story short after a few days and he was feeling better he gave me excuses as to why he couldn't return to his apartment, asked to borrow money for bills, wanted to know if we could move into together, i found a job id card with his pic for a bank when he said he worked at a school and then defriended me off of Facebook. I was confused, asked him to leave and told him I needed a break from him after all of this took place and suggested maybe we talk again after he got himself together. I was really confused because I felt like I had met two different people. after we took a break and he kept sending me texts about missing me, falling in love with me etc. 3 days after our break I had a single friend who was on a dating website she sent me a screen shot of a profile he put up. It hit me that this was probably the reason he defriended me on FB. I told him I never wanted to speak to him again. This was a month and half ago. I was fine after we broke up... sad for a few days but felt I had escaped being used or lied to anymore. But Now I find myself really sad crying and missing him and I can't understand why. I almost texted him this weekend and stopped myself. can't figure it out. I feel a different kind of sad for this breakup then I have for anything else and I can't put my finger on it. I blocked his number after we broke up but keep wondering

10

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• The thing about breaking up is that the more we tell ourselves it "shouldn't hurt", the more it does. It may have seemed like a " sorta" significant relationship at the time, but after a few weeks of distance can really come back to haunt us and hurt pretty badly. You know deep down that he's too much trouble whilst raising a daughter; sounds like he's childish and thoughtless in regards to that. But your oxytocin production doesn't care and is trying to drive you back to him.. we're hard-wired to reproduce, nature doesn't care about the rest. I find it helps me through such times to remember that we are part of a much bigger scheme, whatever it may be. Go easy on yourself for whatever it is you're feeling and I can pretty much promise you that time will take care of you. X