What's the worst way to break up with someone?

I'm thinking of leaving my boyfriend because he cheated and I just don't think I can trust him. I want to do it in a way to not hurt him. Are all breakups just bad?

18

Most Helpful Guy

• All breakups hurt that's for sure. The thing is if there is no trust in your relationship you will be better off in the end by leaving. All i can say is please just be honest, don't make him feel bad by saying unnecessary things just to make him hurt. If you do that it will get to you and him both. So yes break up with him if that is what you really want but all i'm saying is don't be aggressive but honest.

• I don't want to hurt him

• Impossible. If he held any value in the relationship, it will hurt. Be objective, don't instigate anything, and end the relationship there.

Most Helpful Girl

• Text, social media, and through someone else aren't good ways

In person being truthful about how you feel is the best possible way

• In the right circumstances text is good. But not my first option. And sorry i downvoted by accident :/

• @SuperOzgur it's alright 😂. You should really get it out to him in person so he sees how you feel and really understands

• I'm a guy lol and I'm straight

What Guys Said 7

• If it was a serious relationship I'm sure it will be hard for both of you. But at the same time, a breakup can't be completely unexpected, I mean he cheated on you after all. Just be honest with him. Just explain why you feel it's the best thing for you and the right time to do it. The least he can do at this point is try to understand where you're coming from and why you feel hurt and should just want the best for you. And if that means you need to end it with him then he should respect your decision

• Ifvyou were cheated on i am surprise you still sticking around. I was cheated on by my wofe and 30 minutes later i had my things out of the house and gone. Honestly if you were cheated on i dont see why you want to leave him in a nice way.

• Forgive and forget. I know you're wronged, but he can't hurt you anymore. The more you feel obligated that you need more from him than simply moving on. The only one who hurts is you. So its ok. Bear with the pain. Days will get better. Much better.

• To purposefully let them catch you having sex with one of their parents. That would be a pretty hard one to beat.

• No you just have to be honest.

• If your goal in a breakup is too hurt the other person you're doing it wrong. Leave with some dignity. Tell them honestly why you're leaving to thier face. Gather your things and go. No pleas for friendship, no burning thier stuff, no curse words or name calling. Keep coddling to a minimum, too much creates confusion. Trust me there is absolutely nothing you can do to make a break up hurt more. If they care about you any break up is gonna be ridiculously hard for them. If they don't anything extra that you do is just gonna be another page in the "crap my crazy ex did" book. It's not gonna make them hurt anymore it's just gonna make you look like an irrational tool.

• That's not what I'm trying to do. I wrote it wrong. I meant "what's the best way to break up? I don't want to make the situation worst.

• It sounds more like you want ideas on how to hurt him as bad as possible. If that is the case then tell him you deserve better than him, and don't want any further contact with him. Anything worse will make you look crazy and make him grateful to not be with the crazy girl anymore. To be dumped by someone that was good to you, for not being good enough for them, is a blow to the ego that can haunt them for decades. Then start dating another guy right away to show how easy he was to replace.

If you really don't want to hurt him, then just say it isn't working out and you think it would be best to end the relationship. It can hurt, but it it is a more respectful way of leaving. He will just have to deal with the consequence for betraying your trust. There is no way around that.

• I realize that I wrote my question wrong. I meant to write "what's the best way to not hurt someone with a breakup? I don't want to make the situation worse".

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!