Are there any people left who only try and seek for one long term relationship?

It looks like a game those days to break up and go for a new relationship, I don't see any benefit in it and just see no bonding and only sexual/physical relationship instead of emotional relationship in this world.
is there still humanity left who will only try to go for the person they truly love and spend rest of the life with them?

2812

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes there is people amazing people out there just as frustrated about the same thing and are waiting to find a man just like you. Many amazing women that are not putting themselves out there for this same very reason.
    Keep up that mindset of being true and seeking a real loving relationship. I guarantee that you will cross paths with he one you are meant to be with.
    Just do yourself a favor and stop looking for her. If you believe that someday you will know that you will find that special someone that seemed to be made just for you then you will receive her. If it is taking longer than expected then that is a clear sign that you have some personality or behavior issues to work out by just looking deep within yourself. So prepare yourself for a long loving relationship that will change all your views of relationships.
    It may also take awhile for her to be molded for you. so just do not give up hope.

You will receive the love you seek if you just have that blind faith that someday an effortless connection will cross your path and it will have a power of it's own to make it work.

Again if you have the time before this connection then take this perfect opportunity to better yourself and clear away any wreckage of resentments and hanging mindsets. because all of that garbage is in the past.
    People who stay in that muck create more muck and stay stuck , So grow and begin to love and be grateful for what you have in your life.

• Have you actually found this person you describe through the methods you're ascribing to others?

• @Entity yes I have and on this site as a matter of fact. you just never know when or what weird coincidence could occur to have a path cross. Two key factors we both were not looking for a hook up and second we both knew deep in our soul that a love that we both desired was going to happen for us some day. so we just lived our lives comfortable on our own and a conversation that started innocent sparked a friendship then BOOM we are madly in love unconditionally and effortlessly.
      I don't suggest getting your hopes up on this site however you never know what could happen when your mind and motives are in the right spot.

• @Entity Thank you for MH that's cool

What Girls Said 28

• Of course I only seek out people who I see myself being in a relationship, long-term and possibly till the end if nothing pops up and prevents that from happening. I don't do casual sex or anything. I don't understand the logic behind open relationships, friends with benefits, or anything like that.

If I'm with you, I'm all in. I even made sure to tell my boyfriend that when we first got together to make sure I was clear form the start. :P

• I don't see the point in getting into a relationship that's short term. So I understand where you're coming from.

• according to you,
      would you prefer one relationship in which a guy gives you his 100% and try to only be with you?
      because there are always ups and downs in a relationship but if he is only attracted to you and you both like each other would you still prefer to stay with him after all the ups and downs?

• Of course. In order to make a relationship work you have to be committed and willing to work through things.

• Unfortunately no. But I feel it depends on the sort of man you go for too like how they've been raised etc. I'm lucky to have married someone who loves me and tells me this everyday and opens up to me etc. Most guys date and move on to the next. They sleep with multiple girls and same with girls. Girls go and have sex with lots of guys like it means nothing. Like sex is something toy around with. I'm a hopeless romantic with my husband and always have been. He's my ride and die if you know what I mean 😊 the truth is, people who sleep around and don't want to bond and don't wnt to commit are the same people that will feel alone, won't know what real love is until they get their hearts broken and will have a hard time meeting someone who cares.

• ME OMGGGGG. ur so right though, most people have no idea what the hell they're doing when they get involved with someone.

there are good people out there. plenty of em. don't give up on them.

• i think thats a lot of pressure to put n meeting someone. I've nothing against people wanting long term but how do you find out what kind of person you want without getting involved with various people. sometimes people are lucky and they magically meet the one right off the bat, ut most;lieu relationships are trial and error. and if something might not work i think its damaging to decide ok the is going to work o matter wht.,

i think taking things one day at a time is healthy. though i dont think intentionally not caring is at all good. i think caring he ability to be emotionally brave is the most important thing. longevity of any particular relationship isn't really important bc as long as you are 'fit' you'll find one eventually.

its like being in shape even if you dont get on the team you keep trying but dont freak out when it doesn't work

i think a certain amount of acceptance is necessary for relationships. you can try but recognize it might not work. also i dont see how casual dating interferes with potential long term. if that date doesn't become long term its casual so its not keeping you from meeting others,.

other than people who intentionally stay shallow bc then they'll be an emotional cripple no good for anyone including themselves, , i dont see the problem with any kind of relationship. they can all lead to something more.

im really never sure what it mens to only date forever. you can't know in the beginning it will last. so what is it exactly you're controlling?

• I've always wanted to have a long term relationship, unfortunately I have come across a few bad eggs. But that doesn't make me fear finding something long term. I hope the person I am currently with is well someone who I can be with for a very long time. I think of him highly and he does with me also, so thumbs up so far :)

• You are absolutely right. I have never been in any type of relationship because I am waiting for the right person. I want the long relationship that will last forever. Unfortunately in college I haven't found any guys that want that yet but you should have hope. I am a huge romantic and dream of a relationship like that. One day, I always tell myself lol. You are not the only one and I only hope that everyone that is looking for a real relationship finds one eventually.

• Waited a long time for the perfect guy, then finally gave in to a guy who I thought was perfect. Turns out he was looking for a rebound. Now I'm in deep shit. :(

• Part of the reason why I've never dated yet. I'm more interested in someone who could potentially be my husband. I'm not interested in temporary relationships.

• I've only been with one person in a long term relationship. We'll be 3 years at the end of the month.

• Personally, I love the idea. But, you'll find that a lot of men, nowadays, are so terrified of a life-long committment that many girls, myself included, have had to atone ourselves to that.

I feel like we have to take it one step at a time, because so many guys believe in this mentality. Mainly, relationships are about compromise. :)

• there's such a hookup/friends with benefits/no commitment culture going on these days, I feel like society has changed so much with the advancement of technology and how accessible meeting people is dating has completely changed with online dating and online dating apps etc, I believe there are good people out there, but there's a lot of people I would say just aren't looking for any type of emotional connection unfortunately

• Not me to be honest lol

• There is definitely emotional relationships. Those end too, and you move with your life afterwards. I don't see a problem with that?

• I mean that's alright if emotional relationships end and you move on... I think everyone has a right to move on if it doesn't work out.
      the point I am trying to explain here is that people those days just like to do casual dating and physical relationships without realising the end results... at the end you will be left alone if you are going to be into those kinds of stuff

• the reason people do it "these days" is because it's socially acceptable, people would have done it before if it wasn't seen as "morally wrong". People have stuff going on and if they want something casual it's probably because they have some problem in their life that is keeping them from committing. In the end we all want love I believe, yes it's hard to find someone who is genuine, but it makes it more special if it's harder to find.

• Yes I do! Not everyone like to just have sex... with random pals!

• Yeah... that's me. I wouldn't date until I knew the right one came along. I was 28. He was my first kiss & my first everything. We're going to get married this coming year hopefully. I didn't want to waste my time with people I knew were not the one. I have a pretty good sense of what I want and don't want.

• every one seeks a long term relationship some just give up easily or never try because it's hard to commit to some one when one is not commited to themselves

• yes, this girl. I don't date someone unless I really really like them and feel they are someone I would marry.

• I am but I wouldn't say I want to quickly start putting a husband label on a guy just because he shows up in my life.

• i am. i can't do hook-ups for the simple reason of i don't have enough trust for that.

• Definitely

• That's all anyone wants. No one really wants to develope feelings and then have it end in heartbreak. Unless you're like 15 and are just starting to figure things out. I've had boyfriends who lasted a few weeks, but I waited until I clicked with a guy before I slept with him. Turns out the guy I found did the same and we're now getting married having only been with each other 😊

• I am one of the few people along with you that.. I feel the exact same way about the world, especially after these past few days. People, I feel, do not care to actually settle down, they care only about themselves and hooking up with random people for fun even if they are in love with someone else and it is sickening. They do it to not have to feel emotions. Love is the best emotion there is, however, and it is so sad to watch people make it cease to exist. :(

• yea. most of them end up 40+ year old virgins

• That is why I always take time to invest emotionally. Because the faster you get in a relationship. The faster the break up.

• You're so right and I agree. And I have the same wish

• It's usually men who do not want relationships

• yes! me. you aren't alone

What Guys Said 11

• There are definitely people like that out there. The only dating I've ever done is to try and find my soulmate.

I've actually found him. We've been together for 16 months now are are getting married in April.

Up until I met him, my longest relationship was 4 months. People might say I didn't give them enough time to work out, but really it was clear that quickly that they weren't my true love and it wasn't going to end in marriage, so there was no reason to keep dating, for me anyway.

As far as what that other guy said, the connection might be effortless and you two will click right away, but maintaining a relationship takes effort, even if it's with your true love.

• When I find a relationship I'm all in to make it work. The only issue is that people aren't always compatible and no amount of talking or trying to make it work will save it. One person may be less willing to even make it work and instead break it off.

We can't predict the future.

• I've been in a relationship for almost three years now (three years on Christmas actually). I think that as long as it works, then the relationship will survive, but I have never really gone out fishing for a long term relationship. I guess you kind of end up getting what you're dealt, you know? If you find someone you really click with, then bang, you could end up having a long term relationship.

As for wanting to spend the rest of my life with someone, I'm only in my early twenties, so the prospect of settling for someone permanently terrifies me. Honestly, Just take it easy and you'll find what you're looking for.

• That's precisely what I want too.

• I have given up on ever experiencing a long-term relationship, I have thrown the towel in. I may as well join the MGTOW movement but I am not bitter towards women, so I don't think that's a good idea.

• Yea, i understand what you're saying
    I'll only be with one person, if i was to invest in a srs relationship n have it fall apart then i don't believe i could give my true partner what they deserved

Not after i gave myself to someone else b4 them

• Tbh i love the new hook up culture. It helps me stay away from my emotions and enjoy life like I'm supposed to be! And the only reason why don't care for relationships is because I have did my fair share of breaking hearts and I prefer not to see the karma behind it.

• *Raises hand*

Yo.

• I despise relationships that are only had to be sexual. Long term is the only way for me.

• That is actually the norm. You're the general populace.

• I'd love to have a serious long time relationship I just haven't had it yet.