Why did he text me if he just broke up with me?

Long story short boyfriend broke up with me on Monday. I was caught off guard. I know he cares about me but his friends are more important to him and he said its not fair to me that he doesn't have enough time for me. He cried like 5 times when he broke up with me and when id try to touch his hand or stroke the back of his neck he would start crying again and then hed get upset that hed start crying.. Anyway i sent him a bunch of hurtful angry texts right after that i regretted. He never replied. I texted him back the next day aka yesterday just to apologize because i couldnt leave it like that.. And i didn't expect him to reply to that text either. The next day aka today he texted me saying "dont apologize. Its ok to be mad" and then "im glad you sent those texts". Is he just trying to make me feel better? He turned his fb chat offline yesterday and today when i was on i saw that he was online and then immediately went off when i went on. That probably doesn't mean much but i feel like he should be trying to forget me and if he wants me to move on then he shouldn't even text me cause he's the dumper

70

Most Helpful Girl

• Just because he broke up with you for that reason doesn't mean he doesn't still love you or care about you. He texted you because he understands you're mad and you have a right to and he's happy you let it out to him.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 6

• Sorry to hear that, that's hard. =/ It sounds like he wants you to know he doesn't blame you for being upset.

Whatever he meant though, I wouldn't dwell on it or contact him anymore. It's over, so it's better to just concentrate on moving on and living your life.

• Delete and block him from everything and move on with your life.
    He's clearly too selfish and not ready for a relationship because he'd rather have "me time", which probably means time to flirt with other girls and hang out with bros&hoes.

You're better off without him.
    Don't overthink anything, just move forward.

• i agree he shouldn't be texting you, he probably is having a hard time thinking about the breakup and thinking about life without you

• Sounds like he doesn't know what he wants