Why is he sooooo cold?

I broke up with the father of my child about a week ago. I called him a day later telling him that I still believe in us. Instead, he brought my clothes that were at his place and he has been as cold as ice. He said he needs space, which I am willing to give, but when he came to visit our baby, he barely said a thing to me. Its like we never had good times. I'm willing to give him his space but is there hope? Him bringing my stuff kinda feels like he has closed our relationship chapter.

• Yes there is hope, give him time.
  • Nope, just forget about him
  • It could go either way
    Vote C

54

Most Helpful Guy

• Voted A. Since you have a child with him, there certainly is hope. But it may be tough, and you need to work things out with him patiently.

• Wow, that was quick! Thanks for MHO! :)

• He's the same age as you, I know people born around the same time have a very similar way of thinking. So that's why. :-)

• Hehe, alright!

But except for age, I don't suppose I have anything in common with him. I haven't even dated for the past 5 years, let alone have a girlfriend or a child! :P

Most Helpful Girl

• It's Obvious with him Bringing 'My stuff' and Acting like a cold fish with the baby as well, that He is Not into Bonding, Not into a Real relationship and not only wants his 'Space' But... His freedom as well, I can tell.
    He is happy to be his own free bird, and I might add, he is being immature and childish. But he is also a little boy himself that he is not Ready to be a daddy, not Raring to be your SO, so for Now... All you can do is not push him, try to focus on you and the baby and one day, he may come around on his own
    He probably does think about those 'good times,' I am sure, and as far as the 'Closed the relationship chapter,' I am sure too that he Knows deep Down... The cradle can't fall even if your own bough has broken, he Knows he has a little one now.
    Good luck. xx

• He definitely does love his freedom, always with friends, he'll be going on vacation for new year's eve with his boys instead of spending time with his 3 month old.

• Thank you :-)

• Oh, so welcome.:)) xxoo

What Guys Said 3

• Seriously? U broke up with and what were u expecting? mmhhh... I dnt knw what he's thinking though, but maybe he thinks u decided to go your way so u cn have it.

• you must have some patience

• He is cold because he is hurting and angry at you

What Girls Said 4

• Well you kinda closed it first when you broke up with him. But I mean there could be hope. But it sounds like you broke his heart. That's why he's being cold right now. So I would just wait and see what happens

• Be patient. I know it's hard. You're the mother of his child. But absolutely give him the space he needs to figure things out.

• There is always hope

• why did u break up with him?

• I broke up with him because I felt like I always had to be the one who called, always had to be the one to find out when he'll be coming over, there were trust issues as well. I just didn't feel needed or admired by him anymore, was getting tired of being the one to constantly "beg" for attention.

• He has a great job. Goes out every other weekend, lives in a nice neighborhood.

• but he may not have much money left over after expenses. going out every other wknd isn't much.