Does anyone else have a really tough time at night?

My parents seperated almost 4 years ago and it affected me a lot. I instantly got depressed, anxiety, and went to therapy regularly. I've been doing mostly okay lately but tonight is rough. My birthday is in 4 days and i was thinking about my dad (he lives about an hour away) and i wasn't going to be able to see him on my actual birthday. So now I'm talking to him and i realized how many of the little things in his life that I'm missing. Guess its another night to cry myself to sleep :/

13

Most Helpful Guy

• I usually enjoy being sarcastic on this site, but your post touched me. As a parent, sometimes we don't give enough thought to how our decisions affect our kids.

Talk to your dad as much as you can. Try to make the time you do have with him memorable.

My heart is breaking for you right now. You are in my prayers.

• Its so hard. I get to such a dark place so fast and i don't know how to stop it.

• I'm spending the night with some really close friends and family tomorrow night so i should be okay :/

Most Helpful Girl

• :( i'm sorry you're having a tough time... in a few years, you'll be able to drive. it'll be much easier to visit your dad.

What Guys Said 2

• Hmm i stopped about a year ago, i would say it helped to simply turn on some tv and watch. I wrecks your sleep patterns but you begin to feel a lot more happy because it feels like a "safe place". At least this is what worked for me, therapy never would or has worked personally so this is a go to escape:) hope it helps.

• Hey you are not alone :-)

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!