My boyfriend wants to get back together but isn't trying?

We broke up due to me being stupid and breaking his trust. We went through the no contact period and everything and then he told me he wanted to go have lunch. We did and you could still feel all the love between us, he even admitted it. He told me he wants to try. Or that he is trying. Wish is a lot and I am extremely thankful for because all I want is him back. He came over recently and randomly and just talked and laughed and sat in pure bliss silence smiling at each other an then he played a song for us. It was heart warming. Well we texted for awhile after that and now he doesn't really respond. Maybe it's because I keep pouring my feelings out about us to him? I don't know. I'm trying to get him to hang out too but he always has other plans, to party, and doesn't come over. He said he wanted to try and that he is trying but is making no effort for me to even try and get him back. What should I do?

31

Most Helpful Girl

• That seems like a tricky situation. Because he says he wants to try again but at the same time he's showing signs that he's not ready to? Maybe wait for him to reply on his time, and see where it goes. but at the same time, dont pause your life because he may end up dissapointing you. if he isn't answering you or giving you a definite answer. like i said you may just have to wait and or move on.

What Guys Said 1

• I think the saying goes "actions, speak louder than words"

What Girls Said 2

• He is playing games w/you and is hoping to win you back w/the tiniest attempt on his part. A person who truly wants you will put in the effort to actually win you back. My ex called me a couple days after the break up making it seem as though he truly loved me and wanted to be w/me. During the relationship he made absolutely no effort for me and I knew all those promises were complete BS. I have had NC w/him, except when I asked for my stuff and he has attempted to manipulate by sending a couple random lazy texts. He sensed the break up coming after I approached him about being taken for granted (these arguments turned pretty nasty w/him saying hurtful things), he didn't do anything. If this guy was like this during the relationship, he sure as heck will not ever make an effort. Find someone worthy of your time and stop playing into his game.

• if he puts partying before his girlfriend, why are you sticking around?