Has anyone started to become afraid/scared after a breakup? like, scared of life, of living?

Me and my ex broke up three years ago. He was the love of my life. Since the day we broke up i started to be afraid of everything (e. g. from walking alone at nigh to daring to do something new in life). Before this happened i remember myself as a very brave person. Now, years have passed, many things in my life have changed, except from the fear i started feeling since then. Wish i knew more about this..

• Yes
  • No
Explanation: i didn't stagnate, i did new things in life, i continued... but that dose of fear is always within me.. it makes me ask hundreds of questions and encreases my doubt in anything and everything.

22

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• My ex didn't treat me right. I fear some of the stupidest things. It sucks

• This is so sad :( he must've been an asshole. Thanks for sharing this with me.

• Thanks

• You too :)

What Guys Said 1

• I thought this girl would end up marrying me. Now I can't find her.

• does this make you feel scared?

• I even saw some of the stuff she posted on GAG in my dreams beforehand. Thank you for your wise words. You have been really helpful. I know you asked for help first, but you ended up helping me a lot. Thank you very much, whoever you are. :D

• LOL, I just realized I've seen your question in a dream before. Thank you. I know you'll conquer your fear. I believe in you. :D

What Girls Said 1

• I don't trust most men after a break-up with my ex. That was a result of emotional abuse though.

You might be depressed? I don't know you, but I know I suffered from moderate depression after my break-up with "the one."

• it's been such a long time and i've been through many fases during these years.. im not sure how to call this. Thanks a lot for sharing your story and your opinion with me.