I broke up with my boyfriend two months ago. Firstly because he had a weed abuse and hard drugs now and then. Will he ever change?

He has tried to stop several times but didn't succeed. Suddenly there where dangerous people involved due to his abuse and I left him for my own safety. I miss him because I have always seen the best in him and I hope he will someday get back to me and try to do better - also for his own good. Has someone tried something similar and if so - how did it end? Both in my situation and his

34

Most Helpful Guy

• You broke up for a reason. The reason you identified was his drug abuse but addicted and dependent people tend to be very angry and self-centered. Even if he controls his dependency, the underlying anger and selfishness will still be there. If you really want to know how it works, go attend an Al-Anon meeting and talk to some of the ladies there.

Most Helpful Girl

• It happened to me! I was 20 years old I wasn't aware of his drug use until we got married, he never changed, I got him on rehab, counseling, therapist; nothing worked! We had a baby 1st year of marriage he didn't care. I became a victim of domestic violence! from beating to raping you name it. MOVE ON! I was stoked for 4 years because I loved him, he never changed he cheated on me many times! Got married twice after me and didn't work either. Today my son is 20 years old and I never told him anything bad about his father but he have had so many bad experiences with his dad he doesn't want a relationship with his own dad! My son doesn't even want to be called like his dad (as he is Jr) my son prefer to be called different.
    Girl you are young, move on don't waste time on that guy he is bad news! I wish some told me before I got married not knowing his drug problem!

• Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I have had it in my mind ever since I read it and considered going back to him. Xo

• You're a strong woman by the way

What Guys Said 3

• theunderfold.com/.../...NUS-COMIC-Intervention.jpg

He won't stop until he wants too which might be several years down the road. Hopefully he gets clean in a few years and he realized what he lost and you find someone without a drug problem.

• If he truly loves u, he ill stop doing it
    Otherwise you are fortunate that you had taken the right decesion..

• I think it's better to move on if you care about your safety and your future

What Girls Said 2

• He will only change when he wants to. He may never want to. Holding out hope and running back to him will only hurt you. He will take advantage of you, because that's what addicts do. This is a tough love situation: you love him, so you have to let him go and save himself.

• How did it end? He hid things from me then cheated on me because I kept nagging him about his drug use.

• It ended this way: I said I've had enough and changed my number. It's a tough one because I've seen him try so many times and it brings him down every single time. But I think you're all right. I should try to move on. Still hope he'll change though.. He's better than that