If your spouse had an affair last year, and you found evidence that it was still going on, would you require them to take a polygraph test?

• Make them take the polygraph or get out
  • Kick them out anyway
  • Pretend like everything is fine
    Vote C
  • Other
    Vote D
He swears that it was over months ago and he is totally innocent. I can't believe it. He said he would take a polygraph. I'm taking him up on his offer. He was angry that I'm following through with this, but I don't care.

1014

Most Helpful Guy

• Polygraph tests aren't reliable.

So no, I wouldn't make them take one, because that's retarded.

Besides, if you evidence, why would you even consider a polygraph, other than to be dramatic and passive-aggressive? Just confront the guy with the evidence already.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm guessing that you want your spouse to admit and own up to the fact that he's having an affair. To you, this is more about getting closure. I've been through something similar, let me tell you, it doesn't feel any better. The best thing you can do is to ask yourself if you trust him. Despite him cheating on you, will you be able to trust this guy to help you when you're in trouble, take care of you when you're sick, does he care for your family/ friends as much as you care for his. A marriage is not just remaining faithful to one another, it's about becoming best friends, it's about caring for someone more than anybody else. Just think if this guy will do all of this for you and then make your decision. When someone you love lies to you it hurts, the truth hurts even more.

What Guys Said 13

• Cheating is such a common thing these days, sometimes even innocent people get stuck in the crosshairs. If you have solid evidence. The polygraphy test almost seems trivial. Establish with hard evidence that the man's a cheat. Then go on the witch hunt.

• if i had concrete evidence i wouldn't need a polygraph. if there wasn't concrete evidence but still a lot of evidence to suggest she cheated to the point that i didn't trust her i would most likely just end the relationship.

• Does the "when" really matter?

He's done it before and you clearly can't trust him anymore. Sounds like you guys are just delaying the inevitable.

• Other.

I'd only want two things. 1.) I'd ask her to just be honest with me without fear of repercussions, and 2.) I'd take a paternity test with all my children.

• A polygraph would be hard to get your hands on

If think it's still going on get a phone finder app you can check every now and then and if he goes somewhere you're not sure of you can just go have a look

But that would mean you don't trust him and if you can't trust someone then you can't stay with them

• They'd have already been dumped on their arse last year after the affair. Only fools forgive something like that, as once they cheat, they are not and never will be the person u fell in love with.

• You need a machine to spot a lie? It's easier the more you know somebody. I'll tell you one thing. You catch your partner cheating the only thing that will change is they'll be more careful next time.

• I would think you don't need a machine if you have the evidence. Kick him out.

• i may not be your first choice..
    but ill never be your 2nd choice

• Kick his ass

• That's idiotic I'd just leave

• Cheat on me once and we are done.

• My suspicions are the only polygraph I need.

What Girls Said 9

• If you yourself here, dear, have Proof in your own Sweet Pudding that he is still going it and throwing it but Not "Throwing it" away today, then give him his walking papers and don't bother with any other thing when you Know... He is still having a fling.
    You gave him another chance after this Romance, so in Knowing what you think you do, Make sure it is True, and then Instead of the "machine,' go see your Lawyer and Don't... Be lean.
    Good luck. xx

• lol why in the fuck would I waste time getting them to take a polygraph tests instead of just leaving their ass asap?

• He swears that it happened over a month ago. It still happened. He still had an affair, that's enough for me to boot him out of the door

• No but I would require him to sign divorce papers.

• I would just get a divorce.

• I would have already left them. They will not get two bites at the cherry!

• He had an affair when? You think it may still be going on? If it was my hubby he would have been out on his ass last year.

• where the kick him in the dick and tell him to fuck off forever option?

• if f my guy had an affair i would chop his dick and balls off and then i would kick him out