Boyfriend broke up with me?

My boyfriend broke up with me 2 days ago and I am really confused as to why because I thought we were perfect.
We dated for almost 2 months
We never argued
We had so much in common
We were always so cute and flirty with each other and our relationship was just perfect in my opinion. Other than the fact that
We live 40 minutes away from each other so we hadn't seen each other in a month.
First he started replying slowly saying how busy he was with basketball and school. Then about a week ago he stopped sending me kissy face emojis and stopped saying sweet things to me. He told me nothings wrong. Then he broke up with me and his reasoning basically was "I'm not ready for a relationship right now. I just don't know what I want right now. I thought dating you I would know, but I don't. I think we should see other people. I really did like you before then I just lost our connection and I don't like you anymore. I'm sorry but you're beautiful your a great girl and you'll find someone who loves you as much as you love them someday".
I don't know I'm just Confused on how he could just lose feelings for me all of a sudden. I asked if he lost our connection because we haven't seen each other in a while and he said no. Does anyone have any ideas sorry if it makes no sense /:

5

Most Helpful Girl

• Peoples feelings can change unfortunately. He's probably been busy and he wasn't as invested in the relationship as you were, he probably didn't have the same feelings as you did. I'm sorry you're going through this. Honestly, some people are just weird. My ex broke up with me out of the blue after 8 months, though he was a manipulative asshole. Your ex probably just didn't want a relationship right now - that's a perfectly valid reason, as hurtful as it is. Sometimes it happens. I hope your pain passes quickly ❤️

What Girls Said 4

• Frankly, I think it's pretty self explanatory. You're 18, and he got into a relationship he wasn't ready for, as he said. There's not much else to it, by the sound of it.

• Did he date anyone before you? It could be that he wasn't totally over them yet and that he had been trying to use you to help heal old wounds. That's what happened to me but the guy wasn't as nice about it as this one was. Or he could have just fallen out of the honeymoon and confused this for not liking you anymore. A lot of people get so used to the honeymoon phase of the relationship that when it actually starts to fade away and the relationship becomes normal they start to feel cold towards the relationship.

• He probably found someone else from the looks of it so instead of cheating he did the decent thing and broke up with you

• I asked if there was someone else and he said no there isn't trust me, I just don't want to date anyone right now

• Well I don't are how else he'd just suddenly loose feelings for you only after two months. At that point your feelings should be the most intense and loving.
      Even if he was busy that's no reason to just loose feelings and guys lie in order not to hurt the girl so I'm still betting on that he found someone else. Or some girl who's closer to him has been showing intrest

• Sorry about that 😞 it's so painful when a relationship you thought was perfect suddenly comes to an end. People change and feelings change so he obviously doesn't feel as much for you now as you do for him. All you can do is accept what he said. Although his honesty has hurt you... it is less painful than deceiving you with a lie, by pretending he still cares when he doesn't 😊