How do you get over a break up?

I got broken up with 3 days ago and I just can't stop thinking about it. It was out of the blue and I really really like him which makes it worse. I can't stop thinking about him and crying. He was my only friend and now I have no friends and no one to talk to. I'm just so utterly alone and depressed.

13

Most Helpful Guy

• eventually you find other things to do , that might be a new guy to date or maybe new activities and interests. possibly a new job or new sport. I often found going to the gym provided some relief. but you sort of have to decide what you want and where your life is headed

What Guys Said 2

• try and find something or someone else to distract yourself, do whatever you usually do before you had a boyfriend. and if you guys broke up over something stupid, its super easy to get back together after a few days.

• He broke up with me cuz he doesn't like me anymore 😔

• games, movies, music, to distract you. try and make friends, ik that can be hard but still.. it may help
      ik that when you feel down, advice doesn't really help, so all this info is useless, but knowing there's people somewhere that care does help a little bit, but it could just be me being a little derp :3

• Thanks haha you made me feel a little better

• By distracting yourself by whatever means necessary like hanging out with friends more often and so forth

What Girls Said 1

• It's only the 3rd day its still fresh. You can't rush your healing time and yes it hurts at the moment, but you have to know its not always going to feel like this. You can't make a person stay and you can't make a person love you, I would recommend you slowly gather yourself together, at the end of the day you have yourself and you can't less yourself go, you're 18 and y young there will be a lot of opportunity to meet other people, you don't have to right away. Carry on with your normal everyday routine, and even add some stuff in to remain busy, you will get through this x