How to walk away from a guy who no longer loves me?

I ignored the signs, and assumed he was having an off week. The more he backed off, the needier I got. I've never been with someone who makes me feel this low about myself and so unloved. He was so loving up til a couple of months ago and then suddenly everything changed and now I've become the girl who cries down the phone to him begging for his love. I've never been that girl. How the hell do I walk away in my own mind? I know it's over for good now, I can't be with someone who can't love me. How do I find the courage to walk away and not contact him? None of my friends liked him and I stuck up for him and lost them, now I feel so alone.

21

What Guys Said 1

• Easier said than done, but you have to do it for your own good. Start by avoiding him and limiting your time as much as possible with him. Distract yourself by whatever means necessary to forget about him and go from there

What Girls Said 2

• That's just awful. It is never easy to be broken up with. I think only time will heal your heart. There is obviously a reason he broke up, and looking at the timeframe, I suspect he has met someone else. Such is life.

I do feel that you need to try and re-connect with your friends, and tell them that they were right, and that you are sorry and you were foolish to walk away from them. Your girlfriends are going to be the ones who help you get through this.

• The only way to walk away is to cut all contact with him. No matter how painful that is you need to do that in order to heal and move on. Sometimes you don't realize how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.

Cutting all ties will be painful, but the pain will be short -. term. If you have contact with him you are prolonging the hurt and the pain will be long -. term. As long as you cling to the wrong guy you will never find the right one. Someone who loves and cares about you the way you want them too. 💚