What to do when your having a hard time letting go of someone?

34

Most Helpful Guy

• People will often tell you to focus on friends, hobbies, meeting new people, your studies or work (if you do either). I'm different - I like to allow my entire existence to be dictated to by my emotional state and rather than fight to suppress my feelings of hurt and sadness, I let them come out in a similar way that my body will sweat out a virus or reject mucus and I feel better that way then spending months putting on a brave face only to break down in the bathroom one morning when you come to the realisation that you have been living a life for months and you're still not over your ex because you've never allowed yourself to cry, throw a tantrum and generally mourn the loss of someone so important to you and a relationship that you invested so much energy and time into.

Most Helpful Girl

• Just stop thinking of them. And when you do, just push the thought away and think of something else or go do something.

What Guys Said 3

• Tough question to answer

• I would suggest finding something to focus on that doesn't involve them in any way, like a hobby, friendships, a career, school, etcetra.

• I do sext with girls do yu?

What Girls Said 2

• I don't know! Like when I am texting to someone I have a hard time saying goodbye and goodnight!

• Every morning when you wake up tell yourself that you are stronger than yesterday , because you've managed to get through one more day without him.

It is so hard letting go , but trust me holding on is much more painful than actually letting go.