How can I cope with my depression?

After the breakup I have been doing my thing, going out, going out on dates and trying my best to keep busy and have a good time, however I find myself in a stage of depression. I'm kinda stuck in this place and it's like how do you deal. You just cope, and that's what I do I just cope with it everyday. It's just you can't go there, you can't go in that state because if something gets taken away, you know it's sometimes better to just feel nothing at all. When you tell them that, like when I tell people how I feel it's like they hear me but really they aren't listening. It's like, it's bad and I'm sad. Like there's no excitement, like there's no passion it's just groundhog day everyday you know.

I just don't know if this is because I am attached, it's because I haven't let go or simply because it's just what people go through. I just found myself becoming depressed. Like I haven't tried to call and work out the relationship because it's pointless however I did go through a stage of shock, anger, sadness and now depression so I just want to know how to cope with this differently.

Does it get better in time?

12

What Guys Said 2

• I'm sorry but it gets better I'm here for you if you need me

• Anti-depressants

What Girls Said 1

• After a breakup people generally go through the same emotions as this who are grieving. Although you feel so depressed right now , you will get through it. Time doesn't help you to sto being depressed it's actually what you think about which causes it to be prolonged. Life is 10% of what happens to us and 90% of how you respond to it. Although pain is inevitable.. suffering is optional because it's the quality of your own thoughts which makes you depressed after a breakup. What you think about is what your body will react to

Keep busy like you are no matter how hard it is to motivate yourself , and change how you think about the breakup Gradually your depression will lift so it's not so debilitating for you. Once you hit rock bottom there's no where else to go but up. It may be a struggle, but Depression can be fought, and you can win the battle.