We breakup cause she says "I'm not ready for a relationship". Has new boyfriend week later?

So this was the very first relationship that I have ever been in. We were in a relationship for a total of two months but it really only felt like one (She ignored texts, never made time for me, etc.). At the beginning of the relationship about a week in she told me she had depression and I thought that was the reason for her ignoring texts etc. Well one day we were going to go get mexican and she texted me asking me if it was a date and I said yes. she then said that she didn't think she was ready to be in a relationship yet cause of school and work. I was alright with this cause it really didn't feel like a relationship anyway. Two weeks go by and I am talking to one of my friends via snapchat and asks why we broke up. I told her and she told me she already had a new boyfriend. I was in shock. fast fprward to today my friends and I were walking around the mall and who do I see... My ex and her new boyfriend. I thought that I was over her but apparently I'm not. Now I'm typing all this out really to get it out of my system and for people to hear this. Thank you for listening.

21

What Girls Said 2

• People who use that phrasing are just trying to let you down easy. Nobody leaves the love of their life cause they aren't ready for a relationship. It's a fictional line people use when breaking up cause it's easier to say that then to directly say "Hey I'm not into you and want someone else". Never ever fall for that line.

I'm sorry you had to go through this especially cause it was your first relationship but try to learn from this experience. If you can get through this (which you will) then you will get through any break up in the future and it only makes you stronger trust me. Time will help to heal you and make you realize she wasn't right for you. There is someone way better out there for you and sometimes that requires having to go through hardships like this in order to get to that person.

• I know that she was letting me off easy, I will take it as a great learning experience and I am more comfortable talking to girls now than before. Thank you for the input.

• She let you down easy without you knowing what was going on until after the fact, cold to say the least it will take a while to get over her because she had no concerns about you or your feelings, have nothing to do with her she cared nothing for you.

What Guys Said 1

• This is why I prefer focusing on my career and other things in life rather than trying to chase after women: they drain you emotionally, and you almost always end up overthinking things and worrying about whether you're doing the right thing or not. And then you have a REALLY hard time accepting that she just wasn't into you... because in your mind, you think you're the most likable and attractive person in the world... even when you're not.

• Oh I know I'm not very attractive, I know I am likable but not the most likable person in the world.