Guys, have you ever asked your girlfriends for "space"?

My boyfriend and I are going through issues right now. I suppose I'm not giving him the trust he deserves, and so one night, he had enough and said "it's over". Then when I contacted him, he said he just needs "space" right now... and he still called me "babe"... so I am giving him his space and he can contact me when he's ready. Until then, I'm losing appetite and trying to keep busy. Any of you guys (or gals) have gone through this same situation (or similar)? If so, how was the outcome? Thanks in advance.

19

Most Helpful Guy

• absolutely been in this situation. Guys fear losing their freedom and independence in relationships. We also worry that women will keep testing us to expose our quirks and flaws... and then they will point them out in arguments.

This is the biggest reason I broke up with my last girlfriend. She wanted more intimacy but she was starting to pick up on my flaws. I really don't care to be nagged about my little quirks and shortcomings. That is why I wanted a healthy distance.

He still loves you, but I recommend you give him some space to freshen things up a bit. Whatever you do NOT nag him about his problems. It's not your job to change him.

• Thanks brah, really appreciate your input. I haven't contacted him and will just do my thing.

Most Helpful Girl

• Space in my opinion means he needs to evaluate if he really wants to stay in this relationship and/or if he can find any better fish in the sea. Usually its not a good thing. If you keep yourself busy though and focus on yourself, and DO NOT contact him again he might come back to you. Let him come to you.

• Horrible advice..

• @TheOneLol
      Okay but generally when someone says they need their space they generally want to be left alone for awhile so the last thing to tell someone is to go bug that other person.

• Depends on the situation really... experience teaches me i am right and when that person wants to be alone it actually means the opposite :) But u are right it depends on the person.

What Guys Said 8

• I generally don't need a ton of space beyond the obvious. But it bugs me when girls check my phone. I've had to tell girls I was dating or even just lady friends, you don't touch that.

• Nope, never had a girlfriend.

• Space is a breakup

• I didn't have to. I just told her that we were done, and I had already packed very thing she had at my place and gave it to her.

• Yes mam 💁🏻

• Never in my entire life I have asked for "space", no.

• Send him some nudes quick!

• Yes and it usually means the relationship is nearing its end..

What Girls Said 0

The only opinion from girls was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!