I texted my ex the most hurtful things last night while drunk, should I apologize?

Honestly, I meant every word I said. But I would have said it more diplomatically had I been sober. Should I apologize? Should I say anything at all? Or should I just pretend it never happened and never text him again?

415

Most Helpful Guy

• I find myself agreeing with Dubhlan again, you should apologize. Even if this guy is a terrible person, no one deserves to get drunk texted crap. And when I say crap, what I really mean is that taking a dump on someone is not acceptable. And the fact that you did if while drunk is even worse. Honesty is great, but no one wants to hear how much of an ass they are from a drunk person sending them text messages. find a better way to vent, getting hammered and then hurting others is not the way to go about life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Why worry he's your ex.

What Guys Said 14

• Rather than apologize, I'd probably say something to the effect that you were too harsh because you'd been drinking and shouldn't have said it that way. And that there are serious issues with the relationship that need to be addressed but not while drinking. // It sounds like it is coming to an end? (Based on one of your responses below.) // I'd say break up and move on. // Just my two cents for what its worth!

• No, make light of it and say "and you walk funny too but at least you can handle your alcohol and I don't get mad at just anybody, I must like you too much, it's all your fault" use some creativity

• I didn't realize it was so serious. I've been in very long term relationships and only one did I experience that type of language. If it was anything like my relationship we had a crazy magnetism and passionate relationship but so unhealthy and disrespectful. Her disrespect resulted in me actually being happy she was so mad at me, as I was glad she was going insane for being so disrespectful and of being unfairly accused or whatever, you tend to play on their insecurities in a vicious cycle. What you should do is give yourself time apart to realize why bring eachother down, what brings you together and then realize he didn't waste your time, you just didn't establish a boundary and use reason and respect. What you will find out, in time, is you learn more about yourself in relationships than the other person and you just learned about yourself. Next time you will be wiser and wish each other the best

• If you ment it then leave it as it is

• This is probably more about your conscience than his feelings. You can't take it back so I don't see the point in stirring the shit any further.

• Why do you still have your exes contact info? Anyway just ignore it. It's easier to cut contact with exes.

• Hey, In Vino Veritas is an Latin saying that means that you tell the truth when drunk. It's said. Leave it alone.

• Yes.

I have to say more here so... Yes.

• He's your ex, unless you want to get back with him then move on

• Well he will feel better if you would apologize... seriously why do girls never say sorry when the apology is in order, is it too hurting to their egos...

• If you don't mean this things then do apologize... If you are a bitch then don't

• He's not a woman, he can take it.

• Did he cheat?

• You should delete his/her contact information and stop being a negative in his/her life.

• Out of curiosity, what did you say?

• That I wish I never met him, and I would have ignored him when he first talked to me, and that he's the only person in this world that I genuinely hate. Also, that I wasted half of my twenties on him. And that he's a terrible person...

What Girls Said 3

• Well if you meant it, don't. Unfortunately it could have stung him a bit, but you were honest and you can't really be sorry for being honest because then it wouldn't be a genuine apology. Its okay move on

• Do you intend to keep him in your life?

I would usually at least apologize for the wrong of tone or poor choice of words, but not when it comes to matters of principles.

• Never text him again. He's an ex for a reason