How to get over the girl you love?

Long story really short, I love this girl and she broke my heart after I did something stupid and now how do I get over her? How do I get over the girl that I love?

I was just friends with this girl and I fell in love with her. We tried dating and it didn't work out but I still hadn't ever told her that I loved her. So I told her that I love her and now she feels like I disrespected her because I told her I love her after she said she just wants to be friends. So now she hates me because I disrespected her and all I want to do is to get over her because I know that I have no chance of even being her friend at this point.

86

Most Helpful Girl

• If she values your friendship I'm sure she'll forgive you for telling her you love her. It's not like you were mean to her. If she can't forgive you then I'd question the friendship you had with her. People who care about you as a friend forgive you because it's the mind which gets angry but the heart still cares.

Most Helpful Guy

• Delete everything about her, unfollow her on IG, Twitter, etc. Take out her number. Throw away anything that reminds you of her. The best way to get over someone is to get under someone else. If that's too dramatic lol then "it takes time" will do

What Girls Said 7

• Mate, I wish there was an tried and tested method for this.

Allow yourself to mourn for a couple of days, after that make a conscious effort to move on. Not gonna tell you "plenty other fish in sea" etc, that kind of stuff really doesn't because even if you logically know you're perfectly capable of meeting someone else that doesn't change that right now you don't think like that and also you don't want another fish, you want THAT fish, right?
    Anyway, best thing I've found that distracts me from heartbreak is to read, if you don't like reading try audiobooks. Hobbies of course if you have the time/can afford to hobbies are the BEST way to distract yourself.
    Something I've found that does actually help is really come to terms with how you feel, don't fee ashamed if you desperatly want them back or something, don't feel ashamed of any of your feelings toward this break up, this is YOUR break up so feel what you need to feel, suppressing, denying or feeling bad about your feelings will only take you longer to deal with them. Just don't act on any of those feelings because it's best not to take action when you're emotional, just like how they recommend not to drive when you're really emotional.
    Following on from that, something I always do is write a letter to my ex saying everything I want to say to him, I've never sent this letter to any of my ex's but it really helped getting all my feelings out there.

Good luck man, I found that, for me at least, it wasn't that i gradually felt the love for my ex ebbing, it was literally just suddenly I woke up and was like "you know what, I'm ok now!" so don't be disheartened if you feel liek you're making no progress chances are it'll one day just click.

• Never... lol just cry it out and eat lots of ice cream!

• You did something stupid, like what?

• what did u do? if u really love her then u should fight for her

• It's up in the update and I can't fight for her because she hates me... because I screwed up.

• oh yes that is very difficult situation.. that really isn't a big deal so i dont understand why she should be mad,, u could try apologize and be just her friend but that would be difficult or best would be just remove her from your life and find hobbies to do

• Depends what you or her did.

• Please read the update

• at least you have a chance. tell her you're sorry that you didn't mean to offend her or disrespect her never meant to hurt him or say that shit to him never meant to fuck him up never meant it to hurt so fucking much. tell him you're sorry.

• Sounds like the girl is fucked up
    Why you love her?

• You can't judge a book by it's cover so you shouldn't be judging her by this story. And love is not something that you choose, it just happens, and I did not choose to fall in love with her it just happened after spending a lot of time with her.

• And why I love her is because she is so funny, smart, beautiful. She has an amazing sense of humor and she is a great person. Her and I have a lot of the same interests and we really bonded over those interests. I really care about her and just want the best for her... even if it is not being friends anymore. But what I want right now is for me to stop feeling heart ache when I think about her or see her because I know that I hurt the girl I care so much about and it deeply pains me to know that.

• True I cannot juge whole her but the part she thinks it's disrespectful when you tell her that you love her is fucked up. You didn't do anything wrong. So don't blame yourself.

And I think it's part of the life. Time heals all wounds. Spend your time on hobby that you like and try not to think about that too much.

• No story, no help Lol
    #sorrynotsorry

• Fine, I was just friends with this girl and I fell in love with her. We tried dating and it didn't work out but I still hadn't ever told her that I loved her. So I told her that I love her and now she feels like I disrespected her because I told her I love her after she said she just wants to be friends. So now she hates me because I disrespected her and all I want to do is to get over her because I know that I have no chance of even being her friend at this point. There's the story

What Guys Said 5

• i think you broke her heart, anyway, i would enlist in the army, or join a whiskey club, or what i did when my ex girlfriend who miscarried our child at 5 weeks, decided to hate me and leave me, i hit the gym hard. working on me, dating as many other women, going clubbing, etc.. get a new hobby etc..

• It's a tough situation you are in.

• Sounds like infatuation not love. Love comes after years of being together and caring for each other.

Tell her you're sorry. Find a new girl (s) that returns your feelings of infatuation.

Time heals all wounds and stuff like this will get easier the more you experience it.

• It's hard it takes time

• "It's mathematically impossible that on this small university in Perth, I've stumbled upon the one woman specifically designed for me" - forgot who said that quote but it helped a lot with the girl I used to love.