Can't let go of him even though I know it will never work. How do I let go?

My ex and I broke up, or he called it "taking a break" about 3 weeks ago and we haven't talked since. I love him so much and don't want to lose him, but I know deep down that he doesn't treat me like I deserve to be treated. we dated for 11 months and it was the longest relationship I have ever been in. he said if it was meant to be we would get back together, but I don't think that will happen. I keep thinking of all the good times we had and it makes me not want to let go. anyways, how do I find a way to let go? thanks!

30

Most Helpful Girl

• As soon as you find a guy that will show you more love then this guy did, you will definitely forget about ur ex. so far, focus on better things that keeps you motivated. 11 months is a lot, I agree. I know you love him but there is so many guys up there who would take his place! they wouldn "take a break" and would treat you the way YOU want to be treated. right now as I see, you are a little bit controled by your ex. he is doing whatever he wants you to do and doesn care if you have feelings. he cares bout himself. maybe his feelings went away or he doesn feel as much as he used to but like I said...if he is the only one who made this choice, and you weren fine with this, this means he's selfish. I don't think you would want a selffish guy in ur relationship. be strong nd hav fun! show him you can do better than him ;) nd thank him that you waisted ur time on him!

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 2

• If he does love you then he will ask you to be his girl again. However, why would you want to get back with a guy who does not treat you the way you deserve to be treated? If you are ready to move on and get on with your life without him you need to cut all communications with him and give yourself time to recover from your broken heart. Keep yourself occupied with school, work, friends, or family. Get into a new hobby or try something new.

• I'm dealing with the same thing. Honestly you have to move on. The longer you hold on the more pain you will go through. Family and friends are good during this time because you feel like a piece of you is missing. Do not I repeat talk to him. Do not call text email don't talk to him. Its hard as hell I'm doing it now but every day it gets easier and I miss him less and some days I don't even think about him. Just think how amazing it will be when you find someone who will love you back.