What is really going on? He seems to want me, but not at the same time! Please help?

We've been together for 8 years and recently split up - his choice. He says he hates his life, he developed a crush on a colleague and won't give her up which caused arguments (he hung out with her recently, but says nothing happened). He wants to be single and have no responsibilities.

Yet whenever he sees me he reverts back into husband mode (we have kids so see each other regularly) Tries to kiss me, hug me, lie in my arms. Its not for sex, i know that. He looks at me like he used to! Yet when he leaves he goes back to being silent and absent.

I've stopped contacting him and he doesn't contact me either, except for logistical matters.

But it confuses me! He says he's confused about what he wants and keeps his mind preoccupied so he doesn't miss me, but also says he doesn't regret the split. Whats he doing? What should i do?

21

Most Helpful Guy

• He could be missing you. He seems to be trying to move on but he still seems to have feelings for you. I don't think it's much you can do about it. Just try to be strong and hang in their. Im sorry to hear about the break up.

• Thank you very much for selecting my answer as the most helpful opinion.

Most Helpful Girl

• He's having his cake and eating it too. He probably does miss you but still wants to seek other options. If he wanted to be there, he would be.

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 1

• He only wants you and likes you when it's convenient to him.