Life is the best its been, but missing something?

I am the best place I can be in life, I managed to find a position that I have worked for and I feel like I'm moving up in life. Earlier this year I broke up w/my 1st boyfriend, that hurt. I thought he was the one of the best things that had happened to me, he just ended up leading me along. I miss taking care of that special someone, yes I can help out other people, but I won't have that same connection. I made the mistake of putting all in when I started dating him. When he was sick, I would make that extra trip to buy him the medecine that would make him feel better and once I made him soup (something he didn't even appreciate). Why do I feel like such a pathetic failure? I love my family and I spend plenty of time w/good friends.

12

What Guys Said 2

• You don't need a man to be a complete woman. Some women have to have a man and they make poor choices just to have one. Don't be that woman

• You just feel bad because he rejected you. Rejection is hard and often people awesome they are unwanted or not worthy because of it. You're not a loser if you are contributing to society and you have a good job.

What Girls Said 1

• I know I'm only 21 but I can feel like I relate. Since my last ex left me in August I've been super focused on moving on with my life and bettering myself. Just like you I also have everything figured out career wise for 2016 and managed to accomplish my goals but at the same time I'm just left with a big empty hole inside my heart. This has been a miserable Christmas for me due to it. I am reminded of my loneliness and failed relationship/s.

I think you just need to ride with it. I try to embrace my moments of sadness as it reminds me that I still want to be loved and value love. I'm not going to use that as something negative but rather as something positive. Wanting to have a loved one in your life shouldn't be a bad thing. It's why we are human after all. We want love and we want to be loved. Just keep affirming that good things happen in their own time and that you can't ever give up. My therapist is a lovely lady and we'd often talk about romance. She's a stunning woman and I learnt recently that she only got married at 37! I was blown away as I couldn't believe something as amazing as her would only find love much later on. That story actually gave me hope and made me realize that there's a time and place for everything and sometimes you feel ready but the universe says you're simply not.

I leave you with one of my favorite quotes "The seasons do not push one another; neither do clouds race the wind across the sky. All things happen in their own good time"-