After a breakup how do you finally accept it and move on?

I've been with this same guy for a year... and i wasn't expecting a baby from him.. at the end of my pregnancy he broke up with me and every since then its been hard to let go and accept the thought of starting over with someone new.

51

Most Helpful Girl

• Breakups are always hard. Especially since you were pregnant with his child.

Starting over is scary. I know whenever a relationship ends, I always dread starting over with someone new. I feel like I wasted so much time building something with someone who didn't want to be with me or ended up leaving. I just feel so stupid.

But we are all human and it's impossible to know the outcome of a relationship. You just have to hope for the best.

You have to accept that your ex does not want to be with you. Whatever the reasons he gave, he doesn't want to be in your life. Try to lean on family and friends for support.

It may seem like the end of the world right now, but eventually you will be okay.

What Guys Said 1

• Sounds like what my asshole dad did to my mom. She was a wreck and raised me alone. She then moved to another state away from her friends and life to be with siblings. Then spent the next 28ish years single and scraping by til today.

Try to find someone new and move on? Don't simply give up? Especially if you're only 24. Harass your ex via anonymous internet trolling.

What Girls Said 4

• It's the uncertainty of unknown makes it hard to move on. Have faith in yourself that you are fine without him and you will do well in the future

• Try to find someone new. Find a hobby. Focus on the baby.

• I am so sorry, that is very sad 😞 it'll be challenging to let go because he's not only left you but his beautiful baby too. All you can do is focus on raising your baby , and make sure you have some " me" time for yourself 💚💕

• This happened to my friend. She dated an even bigger arsehole afterward and it made her forget about the ex because she was too busy being incredulous over the second arsehole. She never fell in love with the second arsehole, but she said it distracted her from the first one. She said the break up with arsehole 2 was the best therapy she could have had.