How can I get over a girl I love?

I was dumped by my girlfriend around a month ago and I can't get over her. I still love her but she doesn't like me as anything more than a friend. I'm wanting to stop loving her so I can be a friend. So how can I stop loving her and get over her?

(if you include either drugs or alcohol as the way of getting over her then either leave it out or don't post an opinion)

33

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah yeah! I know!
    Do what I do!
    1) ask her why?
    2) block her for good!
    3) cry again and break things! Ruin your diet and break things in your room!
    4) Watch romantic movies and complain! Things like... she never hold my hand that one time! Oh she never called beauitiful! She was a bitch anyway!
    5) When you finally calm the fuck down! Think about it this way she doesn't owe you her love! She can pick whoever she want!
    6) Mingle with other people in REAL LIFE! Than you realize you got carried away in the virtual world to much! Kinda like me! hahah! <don't be like me!
    7) HUGS! I WISH I COULD HUG YOU IN REAL LIFE! You poor poor boy! Heartbreak made me insane when it was my first! I can understand! Most guys don't even talk about it! But I know they hurt! Your queen loves you!

• yeah. it must feel like shit

I haven't experienced it yet. but if my relationship falls apart, I bet I am going to hurt like hell, because I fell for real.

I am just thinking about this because i haven't heard from my guy in more than a week and that isn't normal. He has been busy, but never for more than 1 week. Of course this probably means nothing, but I can't help but create scenarios in my head.

• @HookingSwan oh no-one!

• Thank you!

Most Helpful Guy

• Hi. Try to make new friends. Your head will stop focus to much on her. Try that.

What Girls Said 2

• Get a hobby. Put your mind and heart and everything in that hobby. You'll be busy.

• Trying to unlove someone is like trying to love someone you hate... you can't! It isn't a case of getting over it, it's a case of getting through it. Sometimes you never stop loving someone you just find a way of surviving without them. It'll be harder for your feeling s to fade when she's still in your life. It takes a strong person to stay friends with someone they still love so much. I couldn't do it.

• When I'm going through a heartbreak I cry a river, build a bridge and get over it... getting over it in the sense that I move on. I can only do that if I cut all ties. My feelings and pain gradually fade.

• I'm sorry about what you are going through, I know it's no consolation , but I can relate to how you feel. Time doesn't heal the pain. .. it's what you do with your time which heals it. Sometimes you have to learn to accept that some people can stay in your heart but not In your life 💕

• Yeah I don't really know what to do tbh, I feel really empty

What Guys Said 2

• I have this theory that it takes 10 fucks with 10 separate women to get over an ex. At least, that's how many it took me.

• it will take a while to get over your romantic love, but you don't have to stop loving her, just be there for her when she needs it.