If you are with someone for 4 years (college) and you have to move back home (5 hours way) and we break up, does it mean it wasn't true love?

as i see it, i assume that if its "real love" u work it out, or compromise by either one staying or one moving, or moving in together, HOWEVER it was a break-up. they say long distance doesn't work, but when its "TRUE LOVE" shouldn't it? or am i as sucker?

24

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes two people who love each other just can't stay together. You chose to return home for some compelling reason, and he chose to stay. That doesn't mean that you didn't love each other. Love doesn't really conquer all, and it shouldn't. I believe that young people should follow their dream and find love along the way, rather than finding love and abandoning their dreams. If you can find love with one, you can find another.

Most Helpful Girl

• As far as I'm concerned, if the two have truly strong feelings for each other, they'll find a way to stay together.

If my boyfriend had to move away for career reasons or something, I would simply go with him. And he would do the same for me.

Because we are PARTNERS, we stand side by side looking at the future, rather than at each other and over each other's shoulders in opposite directions.

• my point, however this situation ended in a break up so makes me questions how true the love was

What Guys Said 3

• First of all you just can't really blame any one in this situation as some people can hold on in this situations others can't.
    secondly no one can say if this was a true love or not but even if it was (and I hope it wasn't) then I know people who have actually met their true love and wasted it so yes I think you can break up with your true love

• It can still be true love even if you break up due to distance. Love isn't everything in life, sometimes it needs to be put aside for practical reasons.

• No. Love does not overcome all problems.

It may or may not have been real love.

• well they broke up, so how real can it be

• Lots of people break up even though they were in love.

What Girls Said 1

• It does not necessarily mean it was not true love. The love could have been real but not true enough to make such a sacrifice.

• would you live with a kind of love like that? or do you prefer someone to risk it all for you?

• I would prefer to be someone that would make any sacrifice to be with me and make me a priority.