Do you think its right?

that a boyfriend gets his girlfriend pregnant, breaks up and finds a new girlfriend. Ignoring his first girl, girl goes through pregnancy alone, then comes around when she is 8mths pregnant, with a sob story of how terrible he has been and that his son deserves a better father, etc. But still dating that girl. drunk text you etc. Is it wrong to wish he would just disappear?

39

Most Helpful Guy

• First he didn't get you pregnant by himself, you were there and unless he forced himself on you you bare some responsibility for getting pregnant.

Is it right he ran away after you got pregnant? My guy says no but did you discuss having the child, did you take steps to prevent a pregnancy, birth control, condoms? What came from the conversation that you are pregnant and what will you TWO do about it? Was an abortion discussed, was adoption discussed, did you talk about marriage, him giving you money to care for the child etc?

There's a lot there that should have been discussed and how that all worked out impacts whether his leaving is 'wrong' or not. Like if you told him "this is what is happening I don't care what you think" and he left. OR he told you "I'm out you're on your own".

Coming back can be good or bad if he's a jerk, only you can judge if he is or not and if it is better to be on your own or raise a kid with a jerk in the picture through child support/visitation or let him off the hook and cut ties with him for good.

Finally no it isn't wrong to wish he'd just go away, seems like he's a jerk, and if things go wrong with him having any legal rights to his child he can make your life hell. He can prevent you from moving out of state if he has visitation rights, he can make claims you aren't a fit mother, etc.

You need to figure out what is best for you and the child you have with this guy. Wishing him away doesn't solve anything for you.

Most Helpful Girl

• Obviously it isn't right because if he was mature in the first place, he would still be around no matter if they were together, to make sure the mother of his baby was okay and doing okay. BUT the pregnant mother could wish for anything she wants doesn't mean it'll happen haha, he just sounds like an idiot and unless he was going to do anything for the baby, he can go away and take his sob story and shove it up his arse because he's stating things I already know.

What Guys Said 8

• He may be a 100% asshole, but YOU selected him to be the father of your child. . . and every child deserves to have two parents. He may ultimately prove to be a worthless excuse for protoplasm and a sorry piece of shit as a father.

One day, your child will be older and will ask, "Why wasn't my father around?" Some relative will tell him the truth. so you need to make sure that the truth doesn't involve you doing something for some selfish reason.

• I don't think it's wrong of him or the way you feel about him. Just because he knocked you up doesn't mean he has to be with you. Hopefully he had an epiphany and realized that not helping you with your pregnancy and deserting his son is wrong. He is wrong for not being supportive of the pregnancy or going to appointments.

• Thats horrible you had to suffer from all of that, sounds like a complete asshole not willing to be a man, step and do the right thing. You can wish for him to disappear, but the courts often don't allow that "for the best interest of the child) will mandate he pays child support despite your wishes. Let him "disappear" but he's still have to pay child support.

• Make him pay.. Child support.. File abandonment with an attorney , along with claim to sole guardianship

• whats abandonment in regards to custody? like he left when I was pregnant? or are you talking about after he is here.

• At this point he has had no responsibility or shown any interest in the welfare of this baby or for that part you. That young Lady is abandonment

• If a lawyer shows the courts proof he made no effort to help you of this child they would aboard you sole custody thus stripping him any rights to as much as visit the child

• It is wrong that you have anything to do with him anymore.

• He's a deadbeat dad and you need to take him to court and get chip support which is the law

• No, I can't stand guys like that. I have a sister though so that's probably why.

• No... of course that isn't wrong to feel that way... are you kidding me?

What Girls Said 2

• Yes~! Its wrong but he is the father~ Do it for the kid! Why girl be having baby if they didn't want one! like for really! Go to a damn doctor!

• Nope it's not wrong. He's acted like a total a**.