Taking a break?

By boyfriend and I mutually decided to take a break. I think I wanted it more than he did. However, I need to know what the next steps are. What are everyone elses experiences? I want to sit down and have a conversation after the break is done and discuss without him having a decision made in his mind. I haven't made my mind up yet. Is there anyway to discuss it without having him have that definitive decisiion in his head? I don't want to make the first move, because I believe a guy should have the balls to contact the girl first. Let me know thanks.

21

What Guys Said 1

• Usually, take a break means "we're breaking up but I want to deceive you so I won't need to deal with the drama of a break up." How you handle it realy depends on he reason for the "break," which you failed to disclose. You want to have a discussion and you want to set the terms for the discussion and you want him to ask for the discussion to prove that he has balls. That sounds rather condescending and ball-busting and I don't wonder that he wanted a break. Please have him post on here so I can strongly advise him to steer clear of this game playing and unnecessary drama.

What Girls Said 2

• I'm not entirely sure what you are asking/wanting. It's almost impossible for him not to have an opinion one way or the other after some time apart.

Thing is, you'll have to hope his side of the decision isn't set in stone when you meet up to talk. And it really depends what outcome you are after. If you want to be done with it then that can be your decision and your decision alone. It takes one person to end a relationship and two to make it work.

If you still want to be together tell him where you are coming from and why you think it can work. Tell him what you love about him, what you enjoy about your relationship why you are excited for the future if he wants to keep going.

Avoid negativity and blame. Don't bring up the issues that brought up the break and don't focus on them or him needing to change if it is going to work. It's who he is. If it isn't working for you and you need certain things to be different consider ending it.

Hope this helped!

• I've taken breaks and in honestly it can make the relationship either go better or worse than it was and most of the time its worse.. as for you waiting, if you want to figure it out then you have to... you can't just wait for him and wait for him. You just have to be completely honest and leave an open door for communication.