Are your parents divorced?

I'm lucky enough for my parents to still be in a happy, married relationship. I know that more and more couples are getting divorced these days and that it is very common for children growing up in a 'broken' family.

How old were you when your parents divorced?
How did you react?
How do you react now?

Do you think the stages of parents arguing and eventually divorcing are tougher on a particular age group? If so, why?

810

Most Helpful Girl

• I was seventeen when my parents divorced. I didn't react well, it put a strain on my studies and I ended up super depressed. It also ruined my self-esteem.

Right now, I have accepted it and my mom is much happier. My dad is still not over things (it's been almost three years...). It doesn't hurt anymore :)

What Guys Said 10

• My parents divorced when I was 5, my mother, who I was raised by, has since married 4 men (one of them twice). My father went on to marry again and he has two children from the other marriage. I felt bad, and thought it was somehow my fault. I did see the fights, and my fathers other "friends" (the girls he was seeing behind my mothers back), and I was struck by my mother when I walked into one of their fights. I am sorry that they went though it, and I just don't think about it now, unless I have to (thank you asker). But I try and get along with both of my parents, my father is still with his other wife, and my mother is single.

• Yup, they divorced when I was eight years old, so 25 years ago (yikes! where did the time go? LOL)

To be fair, there were entenuating circumstances that lead to their divorce, but they were never a good match anyway.

• They're still together, it was actually their 25th anniversary together 3 days ago.

• Nope my parents have been married o about 25 years now, still going strong.

• 2, I don't remember, I don't have a memory of them being together at all, it makes me sad. yeah the pre teen age group would really get the fallout

• My parents have been married for 18 years now.

• nope mine got married in 1968

• My parents have been together for 33 years, too long lol

• They almost divorced but me and my dog kept them together.

• 1.bp.blogspot.com/.../michael-jordan-laughing.gif
    Lmao my parents are brown!

I'm sure divorce is for white people!

What Girls Said 7

• 30+ years together. i really wish they'd just get divorced. but they care too much about what other people think.

• no they are not. almost 24 years and counting <3 <3 #blessed

• Yeah. They separated when I was like 3, got divorced when I was like 12.

• Mine are happily annoying each other still.

They'll be celebrating 26 years in May.

• they never got married but let's say they are lol

• Have been since I was three.

• No. My parents have been married for over 30 years and are still together. My grandparents were the same way.