Why do exes turn into jerks after you dump them?

I'm not being angry when I say that my ex boyfriend is a jerk, it's true. I left him. I haven't done anything towards him like revenge or whatever. I don't even bother him but he on the other hand is rubbing his new girlfriend in my face and how his life is doing so so good. He once rubbed in my face that he slept with her. I mean it's great that he has found someone else but the way he is acting towards me is hurting. My friends just tells me to not bother but it's really hard not to when I have feelings for him. My guess is that I hurt him when I left but why does he feel the need to go through with all this? Why is he such a jerk? It was better in the beginning but when I unfollowed him on social media it got worse.

47

Most Helpful Guy

• What do you expect honestly him to be your best friend after being dumped? Really !!

Most Helpful Girl

• They feel rejected, and they get mad at either themselves for losing you or they get mad at you for hurting them or for leaving them in general.

• Finally, a girl that understands!!!

• @MrEnergy Well yea it's not gonna be a good thing for him unless he was unhappy.

And Asker, he's only rubbing it in cause he feels rejected and he's hurt you left him. He wants you to believe he is happier without you and that's only cause he (Most likely) misses you or he hates you for hurting him. If he truly didn't care anymore then he'd just leave you be.

Girls do it for the same reason to men sometimes when they get dumped.

• The easiest way of saying this is that no one likes being dumped, for any reason. That's why they call it DUMPED, you feel like trash. If the person you care about all of a sudden makes you feel like trash then you would be pretty upset too. Guys have a tendency to show it with physical or verbal actions rather than hide it away.

What Guys Said 6

• ummm, wow you are such a clueless fill in the blanks ________ _______ _____ ____!

• He was hurt snd is trying to get revenge and hurt you. You can't control what he does, but you have to ALLOW him to hurt you. Just get away from him and you two should go your separate ways.

• Because you hurt him.

• My ex dumped me & im really hurt. I havnt said a word to her in 3 months

• how was he a jerk again?, and you are in his orbit because?

• Being nice is no longer in their interest, so you see the real them. lol

What Girls Said 3

• Because breaking up with a guy hurts his ego and pride, there fore he has to hurt you back. It's mostly immaturity , ignore him and hold your head high

• His ego is hurt that he got dumped and wants to prove that he can still be the alfa and move on

• He's reacting put out anger and anger is a outward manifestation of hurt and pain. You "dumped" him and rejection is painful So he's trying to hurt you in order to feel better In himself. It' s obvious that he's hasn't moved on from you and he still has feelings for you 💗