I broke up with my boyfriend but I'm still in love with him: any advice/tips?

A few days ago I broke up with my boyfriend and it was by far the hardest thing I've ever done. I still love him like crazy and I don't even know how to cope with the whole situation. We've talked about marriage and having kids and I truly believed that he was going to be the one for me. But throughout our relationship, he constantly partied as if he was in college (he's 30) and it always drove me crazy. I didn't want my future husband/father of my children out behaving like that. I had high expectations on how the relationship should have been but reality always fell short. Plus, I really did not feel like I was being treated in a way that I deserved, and by the end of our relationship I felt so emotionally broken and I really just lost myself while trying to make him happy. I also did not want to force him to change into a man that he didn't want to be even though I thought if he changed certain aspects of his life, it would just lead to better future for him but he did not see it that way I guess. I know we both loved each other so much, but I felt that if we stayed together we would fight nonstop and ultimately just wouldn't be happy. But now i feel so lost, i feel regret, and I don't even think it's possible for me to love another man like him ever again. He is still everything to me and I don't know if I did the right thing or not. Any advice or tips?

08

Most Helpful Guy

• I think you made the right choice... if he is in 30's and partying every weekend is the only thing he has to live for, then you are better off without him.

Best thing take advantage of the time to find out who you are and what you want out of life. Don't go out with a bunch of guys just because you can.

Some people can't stand to be alone... don't be one of those people, work through it and do what you always wanted to do. Become the person you always wanted to be without anyone. Take advantage of the time apart... he may come back to you, but be sure it is the best thing for you!

What Guys Said 7

• If you loved your boyfriend, then you wouldn't have dumped him because that's how love works. Ergo thusly, you didn't love your boyfriend. HOWEVER, if you do love your boyfriend, maybe you discovered this fact after breaking up with him, in which case, reunite as quickly as possible. Nonetheless, what I said earlier is correct: When you love someone, you don't dump them and, in fact, dumping is inconceivable.

• Unless he's willing to straighten up yes you did the right thing. You have to ask yourself do you want to live the rest of your live with a alcoholic? Do you want future kids going though what children of alcoholics go through? If you boyfriend isn't a alcoholic he may well be on his way there and that's what all that partying will end up doing eventually. So if your answer to those questions are no you're on the right track.

• He would never change. He wasn't THE ONE

• first i feel bad for what you are going through right now but trust me its for the better good..
    i mean every girl should be treated like a princes if he failed to do that then he doesn't deserve you.
    if he really loved you the same way you did he would have fought for it kept calling texting looking for a way just to get you back.. but this is the problem with love it blinds a person from seeing the reality..
    so if he didn't do any move just move on and i know the first few months will be hard but as they say the ocean is filled with fishes the right person will come with out u even knowing it

• You can't change someone it needs to be up to them to change you can talk to him about things & try to grow as a couple which might develope into what you wanted you clearly have something to build from & quiting is not going to resolve anything you need to work on your relationship together otherwise you need to move on

• If u still like him get back together with him

• Go out with a better guy.

What Girls Said 0