Should I wait for this 1 month break to be over or talk to him now before Valentine's Day?

I love my boyfriend to a point where I thought I could never feel for anyone. But the thing is, our relationship has been going down...At first it was great then we hit the 5th month, from then on it was like our relationship was having PMS. I had problems with the fact that we don't see each other enough because of school and the fact that he doesn't share with me. I also hate the fact that he compares me to other people and is so scared to be open to me. I feel hurt and unsatisfied. I know I have my flaws too and those are my flaws. Is it normal for me to feel this upset about this? we've been together for nearly 8 months now. And our monthsary is coming up, as well as Valentine's Day. But I decided to ask for a break, and not because I wanted it, but because I knew he wanted it. I love him so much but I'm scared he would lose his feelings for me during this break. I don't have enough confidence in him because of things I've experienced in the past with him( ignoring me when we fight or not telling me our date was not to be and hanging out with friends later or simply by being angry at me to a point where he's swearing at me). I honestly don't know what to do. I've blamed myself for this relationship and he lets me blame myself. I know he has flaws but all I do is turn those flaws into my own flaws. Over the time I've dated him, I became "clingy"( asking him to reply faster in our convos, asking him not to go when our date is over) and became suspicious, jealous and not confident. Is this my fault or his? Or is this mostly my fault or his? I'm sorry if I'm not making sense. I'm just really upset, id appreciate comments from both girls and guys.
+1 y
Update: he came to me first, and he did wanted the break. I was right about that. and we talked about things and he realize that I wasn't being unfair or anything. in fact he was being unfair to me by making me fish for affection.
+1 y
Also we're OK now. thanks for all the answers. we're still on the road of really patching things up. in fact, he said not only did he lose me, he said he lost his best friend and the one connection he made in his life. So wish us luck!
+1 y
fact: he was just as depress as I was about the break. and we both really did needed it.
1
0