Why is my ex head over heels for this loser?

Well, my ex left me because she "doesn't feel the same anymore"... which came quite suddenly. Now, three weeks later, she is head over heels about this guy who dropped out of college, is all about smoking weed and drinking... and just... is the complete opposite of her. She is a nice, caring and compassionate girl who is going to university but this guy has no ambition aside from working at a slave job for the rest of his life (his work on Facebook is "grind and pray self made boss").

The breakup pretty much came out of nowhere... I am still shocked and quite hurt... I miss her so much. She is 18 and I am 25. I was with her because of her aspirations for university and a good education. Any insight into this situation? Think she will be back when she realizes what she is getting herself into?

37

Most Helpful Girl

• Why would YOU want her to come back?

Ok, since you don't even seem to realize i'm going to line the facts:
    #1 You love her.
    #2 She dumped you (a nice guy, who supports her, loves her, cares for her) for a guy that is a douche.
    #3 You want her to come back?

Really?

Eat a hole pizza by yourself, get drunk, kiss a random girl and get over her.

You ALSO deserve a girl that is with you because of YOUR aspiration, good education, love... A girl that cares for you... Go out there to find this new girl!

Most Helpful Guy

• She's too dumb to realize that she is going down a dark path. I feel bad for you, man.

• thanks man, i appreciate the words. i really loved her a lot... in fact i really had no interest in pursuing any other girls--i really wanted to build something with her, but apparently she didn't feel the same. whatever lol, when she decides that the grass isn't really greener on the other side she will be at a loss 'cause i may have been moved on before that point.

• You deserve better. Best of luck to you, man.

What Girls Said 2

• She Is young and is unable to see the consequences of her actions. I doubt it will last with this guy but she will eventually learn the hard way

• hmmmm as a girl, i can say that, sometimes, love can make a smart girl so stupid
    and this is the example
    sorry about that

What Guys Said 6

• Being with him may be more about how he makes her feel, as opposed to what he does or doesn't do or have or doesn't have.

"Think she will be back when she realizes what she is getting herself into?" It's a possibility, but I have my doubts. The manner in which she left, to put it bluntly, strongly suggests she no longer cares for you to the extent of her wanting to return.

Sorry, my friend.

• She's 18, let her learn a hard lesson in life...
    You'll easily find better, chin up

• No offense, but she left you for another dude and you're *still* hoping she'll come back?

Dude, put her in your rear view mirror. Find someone better.

• Heh part of that story sounds familiar. Minus the new guy

• She won't be back and good riddance

• i really dunno about that, tbh. we didn't have a bad relationship--lots of love and great times... no reason why she wouldn't, i treated her right... she even talked about marriage a number of times. but now she's all over this guy like he is the top shit.

• My last two exs also talked about marriage. Be careful about putting too much trust in the words of others.

• This is a typical case of GIGS; grass is greener syndrome
    And the new guy is obviously a rebound and their relationship won't last