Do you ever find yourself thinking about your ex a year later?

I don't normally think of my ex in a sentimal way. All I can say is that at times maybe like once a month or once every few months, I get this deep sadness and I start crying thinking about my ex. Its not because I miss him but it just pains me to remember how much I loved him, and how much it hurt to love somoene so much. During those moments I grow a soft spot for him and I hope he is happy with his current relationship. Like right now, I hope all the best for him. I've never loved anyone like I loved him. A small part of me seems to still care about him. But in a non-romantic way.

I don't want him back or talk to him but sometimes I really can't control my emotions. It doesn't suck, its bitter sweet. Sometimes my gut tells me that he still cares about me too. I know he loved me.

Anyways, tomorrow I'll be totally fine and forget this feeling

22

Most Helpful Guy

• I think everyone does

• Like in a sad way or they just cross your mind? Crossing your mind is pretty normal I think yeah.

• So basically its mostly just anger : But doesn't that mean that you care about her or that ur just hurt?

• no that means we want justice

Most Helpful Girl

• He crosses my mind sometimes. Never in a sentimental way though. Mostly in a "I wonder what Pete's up to" kind of way.

No tears were ever shed over him though.

What Guys Said 1

• Sure, even past crushes. It's not in a romantic way, just "what are they up to" kind of thing. There's one past crush I want closure with, looking back I didn't treat her right. I was always picking fights with her. It sucked.

What Girls Said 1

• I feel the exact same. Three years later I still get a thought about him almost everyday. I mean I'm not obsessed or something. It's just that I was with him for around 3 years, and there are random things that just remind me of him.